Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SQ Award availability?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2023, 4:53 pm
Original Poster

SQ Award availability?

A few months ago it was easy to find tons of SQ flights through Alaska. I don't see any at all no matter the dates.
Anyone know if this is an inventory issue?
We were looking to book 4 Business class seats from US to Thailand in Nov. Should have snatched up all of them that I saw a bit ago, but figured there would be more. Can't see anything as far out as the system will let me.
Old Jul 21, 2023, 5:02 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Alaska Airlines MVP Gold
Capacity US to Asia is down significantly compared to 2019, and many carriers (e.g. CX) won't be at 2019 levels for a while. I've seen some previously unthinkable cash fares this year, so airlines don't need to release partner awards.

You're right that the best time to book was a while ago. I think earlier this year I even saw a CX J US to Australia award, but it's all dried up since April/May.
Old Jul 21, 2023, 5:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ft543
Capacity US to Asia is down significantly compared to 2019, and many carriers (e.g. CX) won't be at 2019 levels for a while. I've seen some previously unthinkable cash fares this year, so airlines don't need to release partner awards.

You're right that the best time to book was a while ago. I think earlier this year I even saw a CX J US to Australia award, but it's all dried up since April/May.
Thanks for the reply. Brutal for sure. Kind of just took it for granted thinking there would always be something lol.
Old Jul 21, 2023, 9:21 pm

Programs: Natl EE, DL, Aeroplan
I saw lots of SQ options from SIN-HKG around 2 months ago. I’ve been checking the past few weeks and now there’s no SQ, just options through KUL on MH which cost way more points.
Old Jul 21, 2023, 9:58 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Club 49, Global Entry, National Emerald Club, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by ft543
I've seen some previously unthinkable cash fares this year, so airlines don't need to release partner awards.
one datapoint to add, my cousin recently traveled to PVG for work and the COACH fare was over five grand. He flies delta but all competing airlines were similarly priced.
Old Jul 22, 2023, 9:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
SQ availability comes and goes and right now it is gone.
Old Jul 23, 2023, 10:29 pm

saw this as well, strange... luckily I booked 3 Biz seat from BKK - SIN - SGN a few days before all seat disappear from AS site
Old Jul 24, 2023, 4:54 pm

Yes, sadly they are gone. I cannot find even a single SQ seat for redemption for Asia-US journeys. KE seats are widely available, but no Thanks.
Old Jul 25, 2023, 7:32 am

Programs: NZ
This is weird - there is still plenty of SQ availability on Aeroplan so you do wonder what has happened here.
Old Jul 27, 2023, 4:27 am

Programs: LH Sen
I was able to book DPS-SIN-BKK in C for 25K a day before Christmas when even on SQ's site these flights were showing a waitlisted. Now there isn't a single SQ flight on Alaska site on any of the routes.
Anyone tried calling the agent and trying to book something manually based on the Aeroplan availability?
Old Jul 27, 2023, 10:56 am
Original Poster

well lucky me. i was able to snag a flight to TPE on starlux yesterday with their new partnership with alaska. Business class for 280k round trip per person. seemed high, but checked today and it's 470k per person now...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.