Wiki Posts
Search

IT glitch for PAE flights

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2023, 10:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG 75k
IT glitch for PAE flights

Every direct flight I checked leaving from PAE to SAN is currently $800 as far into the future as November. IT glitch I hope? The weird thing is the saver fares looked normal, just the main and first are skewed.
Old Jun 11, 2023, 8:05 am

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by SimonT007
Every direct flight I checked leaving from PAE to SAN is currently $800 as far into the future as November. IT glitch I hope? The weird thing is the saver fares looked normal, just the main and first are skewed.
It is bizarre. I noticed it yesterday (Saturday) and assumed new fares were being loaded and it would correct overnight. Not so. Still $800 OW on nonstops Sunday morning. Spot checked PAE-PSP, PAE-LAS in November and some one-stop flights are even over $800.

Google Flights, or at least some of its ticketing partners, aren't convinced. A mid-November PAE-PSP RT is $1,600 on the AS site and in the AS booking listing on Google Flights, but two booking partners have it around $628 RT. The booking partners' listings may be lagging, but definitely more typical of Saver fares.

We'll see how long it takes AS to update and recover. And here I thought the earlier $599 OW fares PAE-LAS were outrageous. Of course, Southwest just extended its schedule late last week from early November through January, so I suspect changes on the AS side will reflect its pricing response, eventually, to the now-posted lower Southwest fares at BLI, SEA and other airports.
SimonT007 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.