Wiki Posts
Search

Disappointing Experience in F

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2023, 11:14 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Disappointing Experience in F

Three plus hour flight in First (now branded as business per app) no pre departure drink, no water bottle or box, one beverage service and snack basket handed out once by lead flight attendant. Then she sat on her seat and played on her phone for rest of flight. Watched other first class passengers walk to galley area with their dirty glasses and request an additional drink. Self service it seems! Noticed that the rest of the plane got one drink as well. Wasn't even a red eye flight. Will fly Delta in future on this route.
Carfield, Yoshi212 and SkyLich like this.
Old May 8, 2023, 12:05 am

I would write in to Alaska Listens. This is unacceptable for a first class.
AS Flyer, gaobest and Yoshi212 like this.
Old May 8, 2023, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by fyimystery
Three plus hour flight in First (now branded as business per app) no pre departure drink, no water bottle or box, one beverage service and snack basket handed out once by lead flight attendant. Then she sat on her seat and played on her phone for rest of flight. Watched other first class passengers walk to galley area with their dirty glasses and request an additional drink. Self service it seems! Noticed that the rest of the plane got one drink as well. Wasn't even a red eye flight. Will fly Delta in future on this route.
What route? What flight? When?

With such a vague description, it’s hard to judge. Did you complain to AS?
StrandedinLA and jlemon like this.
Old May 8, 2023, 12:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Welcome to Flyertalk and the Alaska Airlines forum fyimystery.

What was the route? Curious. It us disappointing a lack of a pdb is so common. Good service in F on AS209 tonight.
Old May 8, 2023, 12:17 am

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
Definitely write into Alaska and respond to any survey you receive from them after the flight with detailed comments. I expect you will be compensated (without asking).

Also just because the FA was on that route this time doesn't mean they will be on that route next time.
Old May 8, 2023, 2:15 am

Write in but have low expectations. New FAs are sure something to get used to, not sure if that’s the case here. But AS responses (if they respond at all anymore) is a generic $75 credit.
Carfield and anteater like this.
Old May 8, 2023, 7:45 am

Programs: AS MVPG75K, Hilton Diamond
Sounds very much like our service in F from EWR to SEA. Economy had drinks served before we got ours. Meals served and then nothing after trays were cleared. This was a daytime flight so expected at least another drink service but FA never even came to clear glasses from mealtime. Someone finally rang call bell to get something and we had to wave her down to get rid of glasses. No snack basket offered. She was in the galley using her phone most of the time. BTW she took orders starting in the back row which I don’t remember seeing before. I have had much better service on F flights this year on AA!
olouie and anteater like this.
Old May 8, 2023, 8:05 am

Programs: AS100k, DL Diamond, MarriottAmb, FlyingBlueSilver
Yes please write in.. It's one of the only ways to get some changes here (updated + strengthened training and holding people accountable).....
AS Flyer likes this.
Old May 8, 2023, 8:10 am

That sounds terrible. Sorry for your troubles!
Old May 8, 2023, 2:09 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG, Delta PM, AA EXP, Wannabe SkyWest 1K
I'm something like 2/14 with PDBs this year in F. But 14/14 with the water box. As others have said, definitely contact AS.
anteater likes this.
Old May 8, 2023, 2:15 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Since when is AS First "now branded as business per app?"
Old May 8, 2023, 4:20 pm

From the Alaska app, you can fill out a survey to give feedback. I don't expected to be treated like a queen, but not collecting empty glasses/offering refills is not acceptable. Pre-departure drinks are always hit and miss on Alaska though. Water boxes should also be waiting at your seat.

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience. Of about the past 10 First Class flights on AS in the past couple years, I would say only one flight was not up to par. All other flights on AS the crew are amazing, proactively offers refills, friendly, great energy.
Old May 8, 2023, 4:25 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG, Delta PM, AA EXP, Wannabe SkyWest 1K
Originally Posted by donuttime
Of about the past 10 First Class flights on AS in the past couple years, I would say only one flight was not up to par. All other flights on AS the crew are amazing, proactively offers refills, friendly, great energy.
I would agree, I fly AS, AA, and DL regularly enough in F, and AS on average has the most attentive service. I'd add that per the OP's comment about choosing DL in the future, that their paid F fares are usually higher than AS's, and the 4" of less pitch in DL's F is noticeable on 3+ hour flights.
sltlyamusd likes this.
Old May 8, 2023, 7:07 pm

Programs: MVPGold 75K
Originally Posted by PotomacApproach
I'm something like 2/14 with PDBs this year in F. But 14/14 with the water box. As others have said, definitely contact AS.
I actually politely refuse PDB is served in paper cups, and it is always served like that.
Old May 8, 2023, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
I've read many of these sad posts of "no pdb" and "only one beverage service" on long flights and nothing changes. Why do some of you think that AS "cares" and "listens"? They obviously don't.

Has anyone seen an improvement in these two areas in the last 12 months?
Buster and Speedbird84 like this.

Last edited by philemer; May 8, 2023 at 7:24 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.