Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

AS Partnering with Shell for Sustainable Fuel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2023, 3:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVPG, Delta PM, AA EXP, Wannabe SkyWest 1K

Will be interesting to see how much they actually use. Right now SAF is something like 4x the cost of Jet A.

https://airwaysmag.com/alaska-shell-expand-saf-market/
Old Mar 28, 2023, 3:32 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond
Because Alaska is not already getting significantly more expensive than their competition. They need to double down and make it worse. Minuchi keeps it up and he's gonna have a shareholder rebellion on his hands.
Old Mar 28, 2023, 4:52 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Club 49, Global Entry, National Emerald Club, Hilton Silver
That's nice of Shell, seeing as they were more or less banished from Alaska (the State).
Old Mar 28, 2023, 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by AKLifetimeFlyer
That's nice of Shell, seeing as they were more or less banished from Alaska (the State).
tryna get their foot back in the door
Old Mar 29, 2023, 1:19 pm

I don't think it has much to do with the specific state of Alaska or even the airline, just looking for anyone that will purchase the SAF on term in LA and San Fran. I believe there was a jet blue announcement previously.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2023, 9:54 am

Programs: AS MVPG; Hyatt Globalist
There is a very large SAF facility being designed/built outside of LA for Air Products. I suspect this is tied to that project.
navydevildoc likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.