Wiki Posts
Search

Purchased Miles Error

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2023, 4:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Purchased Miles Error

I bought 100,000 miles with a 50,000 bonus for $2750, but they only credited 100K miles to my account. I don't know what to do?

Another weird thing that happened is that I booked a EWR-DFW-LAS routing on AA, but only got 1000 miles per segment. No idea how that ended up happening.
Old Mar 10, 2023, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Disclaimer: I have never bought AS miles, so I don’t really know if points and bonus points should post immediately and together or not. Perhaps the promo terms have something to say about it.

Hopefully you have a screenshot of what you purchased, though they really should know about their own bonus promos. I would reach out via Chat to customer service and ask where the bonus points are.
Old Mar 10, 2023, 10:34 am

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by NWplatinum
Another weird thing that happened is that I booked a EWR-DFW-LAS routing on AA, but only got 1000 miles per segment. No idea how that ended up happening.
AA earns based on fare class flown - could that be why? https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...tners-american
Old Mar 10, 2023, 6:06 pm

Programs: airponts
I have bought miles and the bonus will credit at the same time . They will show on the email confirmation which is sent immediately. However sometimes all of the miles do not post immediately.( day later) I think you should query as there are bugs on AS system.
Old Mar 12, 2023, 3:38 am
Original Poster

They created the 100k miles, just not the bonus.
Old Mar 14, 2023, 7:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kindagot
I have bought miles and the bonus will credit at the same time . They will show on the email confirmation which is sent immediately. However sometimes all of the miles do not post immediately.( day later) I think you should query as there are bugs on AS system.
No AS said I’m SOL, and that it started march 9 and I made the purchase march 6 at night. She even spoke to two senior people. They didn’t care. I’m positive I made the purchase when the drop down menu said 100,000+50,000. I’ve been buying miles from them
for a decade, and I’d never buy miles without the bonus. This is wholly unfair and I’m not sure what to do.
Old Mar 14, 2023, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
The sale started March 9th.

https://onemileatatime.com/deals/buy...ge-plan-miles/

Was an email sent when you made the purchase as mentioned in the post above? When was it sent?
Old Mar 16, 2023, 11:42 am
Original Poster

I was able to get them to give me the bonus. There was an error on their website with the drop down menu. They credit the 50k which is the right thing to do considering my history.
olouie and kindagot like this.
Old Mar 16, 2023, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by NWplatinum
I was able to get them to give me the bonus. There was an error on their website with the drop down menu. They credit the 50k which is the right thing to do considering my history.
Your history should be irrelevant. They goofed & they fixed it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.