Search

AS award on partner - cancelation policy

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2023 | 10:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
AS award on partner - cancelation policy

Found some doable economy awards on Condor using AS miles

AS policy says all fees and taxes are refunded if I cancel except "partner award fee are nonrefundable."

What amount of these ticket taxes and fees would not be refunded? Out of~$170 per ticket I understand it's just the $12.50 partner booking fees.

thank you

ps, will we hate ourselves for flying 11 hours in econ on Condor?
Old Feb 23, 2023 | 10:43 pm
50 Countries Visited2M100 Nights10 Years on Site

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Just the $12.50 nonrefundable partner booking fee.

P.S. Yes
Old Feb 23, 2023 | 11:02 pm
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Club 49, Silver Medallion, Global Entry, National Emerald Club, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by psychtobe
Yes, I wouldn't fly anything less than Premium Economy on Condor. Granted, I have only flown J on Condor before, but I am echoing some travel companions who did ANC-FRA (9.5 hours) in Economy and vowed never to do so again. However that was in 2016, maybe they've improved their economy. Condor J seemed to have improved every time I flew it (I've flown it in 2012, 2016, and 2019).
Old Feb 24, 2023 | 12:19 am
15 Years on Site

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
My partner flew Condor in economy FRA-SEA with two young kids last summer and was perfectly happy with it.
Old Feb 24, 2023 | 1:22 am
Original Poster

pitch is listed as 76 cm = 29.9 inches which is pretty bad... but could be worse. odd PDX isn't even listed on their American gateways. maybe just coming back for the summer.

for more miles and more taxes i can take IcelandAir and have 24 hours in KEF but to SEA rather than PDX. Bummer the drive home, but then the longer flight is under 8 hours and the pitch is listed as 31-33 inches.
Old Feb 24, 2023 | 1:37 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Club 49, Silver Medallion, Global Entry, National Emerald Club, Hilton Silver
pitch is listed as 76 cm = 29.9 inches which is pretty bad... but could be worse. odd PDX isn't even listed on their American gateways. maybe just coming back for the summer.

for more miles and more taxes i can take IcelandAir and have 24 hours in KEF but to SEA rather than PDX. Bummer the drive home, but then the longer flight is under 8 hours and the pitch is listed as 31-33 inches.
I did SEA-KEF on FI this past summer and found economy to be a lovely product on the 757. My cousin took FI on the MAX 8 from BOS and also agreed. We both paid for better seats. I believe I took 7F on the 757.
Old Feb 24, 2023 | 6:58 am

With an empty middle, it'll be a perfectly pleasant journey. Without it, it would suck.
Old Feb 26, 2023 | 8:58 am
Original Poster

This is the new A330-900 neo. seats will still be 30" pitch but since it's me and mrs psychtobe and our two smaller teenagers we can sit in the 2x2 or the 4 across.

frankly for the outbound to Europe J for $1800 is looking pretty reasonable. we haven't flown biz for 15 years so our expectations will be low. and 10k EQMs will assure i make MVP in 23. there are other practical advantages to this flight but what do you think about J?
Old Feb 26, 2023 | 4:45 pm

I've only one J on DE on the 767, but the A330-900neo is on my list. The 1-2-1 Config is much more preferable for me as a solo traveler. I'd even be tempted to buy up to the "Prime" seats in the first row upon selecting seats, they have more room and extra amenities.

https://onemileatatime.com/news/new-...s-a330-900neo/
https://onemileatatime.com/news/condor-prime-seats/

I say, go for it!
Old Feb 27, 2023 | 1:16 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by TalkingPoint
Just the $12.50 nonrefundable partner booking fee.

P.S. Yes
Tangential to the Condor discussion, but I speculatively booked myself an IAH-DOH-BLR Qsuites redemption for next month. I understand if I outright cancel the award I lose the partner booking fee, but if I decide to not fly what I booked and change the booking to something cheap far in the future (e.g. AA JFK-BOS), can I keep the fee until I come up with a suitable different partner redemption to use it on?
Old Feb 27, 2023 | 6:41 pm

Programs: AS 100K, DL MM, AA PLT
Originally Posted by JetAirways77W
Tangential to the Condor discussion, but I speculatively booked myself an IAH-DOH-BLR Qsuites redemption for next month. I understand if I outright cancel the award I lose the partner booking fee, but if I decide to not fly what I booked and change the booking to something cheap far in the future (e.g. AA JFK-BOS), can I keep the fee until I come up with a suitable different partner redemption to use it on?
Yes, the $12.50 will ride with the record until you fly it or cancel; changes will not incur another fee.

IMHO one of the biggest junk fees in the industry; wish AS would at the very least exempt elites. I know I burn way more AS agent time with changing existing records that could be easily cancelled and booked anew on the web to avoid losing the $12.50 (typically x4 for my family vacations).
Old Feb 27, 2023 | 8:41 pm
20 Countries Visited2M10 Years on Site

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I did Y on the old B767. It was snug. If you have no plans to attempt sleep, it might work for you. I rarely sleep on the eastbound. Even in BA F I find it difficult to get any sleep. So I went in with no expectation that I’d sleep on Condor. The best thing about the flight is it’s cheap and will put you right at a train station to get you where you want to go. I’ll hold the same opinion on the new neo flights until somebody posts their experiences stating otherwise.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.