Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Alaska Lounge+ Membership Access in Admirals Club

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska Lounge+ Membership Access in Admirals Club

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2023, 6:14 pm

Programs: Alaska, Bonvoy, HH
I think you meant T8 FlyingOptimist
Old Feb 13, 2023, 6:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Air Miles
Originally Posted by mildfrequence
I think you meant T8 FlyingOptimist
Whoops, meant T8, there definitely are not 42 gates at T7.

Does anyone know what the process is supposed to look like when going to an AC. In the past at other ACs I’ve shown them my boarding pass and Lounge+ membership card to scan. But is something suppose to pop up on their side when they scan the ticket and membership card that says I can be in the lounge. I’ve never had issues at the STL AC, but I fly American there half the time.
Old Feb 13, 2023, 7:17 pm

Programs: Alaska airlines 100k
Isn’t the + in Lounge + the purpose of accessing AC. Otherwise what’s the point in getting the lounge +
mildfrequence and Seattle123 like this.
Old Feb 13, 2023, 8:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by FlyingOptimist
Does anyone know what the process is supposed to look like when going to an AC. In the past at other ACs I’ve shown them my boarding pass and Lounge+ membership card to scan. But is something suppose to pop up on their side when they scan the ticket and membership card that says I can be in the lounge. I’ve never had issues at the STL AC, but I fly American there half the time.
Scan your BP and they manually input your AS number.

Written from AC PHX A6.
Old Feb 13, 2023, 8:53 pm

The last 4 or so times recently entering different Admirals Clubs, only the boarding pass on my American app was needed - it knew I was a + member (somehow) and didn’t need to show card on my Alaska app.
Old Feb 13, 2023, 9:23 pm

Programs: AS100k, DL Diamond, MarriottAmb, FlyingBlueSilver
Originally Posted by jhawk737
The last 4 or so times recently entering different Admirals Clubs, only the boarding pass on my American app was needed - it knew I was a + member (somehow) and didn’t need to show card on my Alaska app.
I hope there was a new integration and that type of data comes over in the AA view... Every time (including 2 weeks ago at DFW) when I scan my AA boarding pass I still have to show my Alaska + digital card for confirmation. Maybe there was an update to the data sharing..
Old Feb 13, 2023, 10:12 pm

Programs: Alaska Gold 100k
I just used the Admirals club at ATL on Friday, and after showing my Alaska boarding pass when checking in the CSA said “you are welcome with the Alaska lounge plus” which I have. Clearly she was aware of the rules, even though I think there are only two AS flights a day. (Not impressed by that lounge though in the T terminal. Small and super crowded).
Old Feb 14, 2023, 12:01 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by Kacee
Scan your BP and they manually input your AS number.
One AC agent at DFW actually knew of a way to scan the AL+ digital card. Only time I've encountered an agent that's been able to figure out how to do that.
Old Feb 14, 2023, 12:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by econ
One AC agent at DFW actually knew of a way to scan the AL+ digital card. Only time I've encountered an agent that's been able to figure out how to do that.
On the flip side, now that I have the AC membership instead of AL+ both the AS Lounge and AC have to manually enter my AAdvantage number with each entry....neither my boarding pass nor my Executive Admirals Club card have my AAdvantage number on them so I always have to have that # ready for them to read off the memo app on my phone.
Old Feb 14, 2023, 1:44 pm

Apropos of nothing, I went to the LAX T4 combined lounge this morning. Agent scanned my BP (domestic leg of international AA J itin). She said “Alaska Lounge member?” First time I’ve ever had that. Always have to show them my Lounge+ barcode on phone.
Old Feb 14, 2023, 11:49 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
I had the same experience at the AC in BOS two weeks ago. Agent scanned my AS BP and waved me in.
Old Feb 15, 2023, 12:15 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Possible at some ACs, they have the capability to extract the AS FFN directly from the BP scan and validate AL+ membership that way? At least for those crediting to AS?
Old Feb 15, 2023, 2:29 pm

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Probably mentioned above but will ask. Wife is flying F out of HNL into SFO I assume she will have access to the Admiral's Club HNL but can she guest me? Only one F seat available so I am riding coach, given the cost I don't mind and have an exit row seat (of course no discussion she got the F seat...LOL).
Old Feb 15, 2023, 2:45 pm

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by nomad420
Probably mentioned above but will ask. Wife is flying F out of HNL into SFO I assume she will have access to the Admiral's Club HNL but can she guest me? Only one F seat available so I am riding coach, given the cost I don't mind and have an exit row seat (of course no discussion she got the F seat...LOL).
I could be incorrect, but I don’t believe an AS FC ticket HNL-SFO allows the pax entrance to an AA lounge (eg the AA JAL lounge at HNL). Though, I could be wrong as I’ve never attempted this. I do see this information on AA’s website for lounge access, and HNL-SFO isn’t on the list:

Originally Posted by American Airlines
Includes customers in First or Business on a qualifying departing or arriving international, transcontinental or other domestic flight marketed and operated by American, a oneworld® airline or marketed by JetBlue and operated by American.

Is she on an AA or AS ticket? Does she have an AA or AS Lounge+ membership?

Last edited by anteater; Feb 15, 2023 at 2:52 pm
Old Feb 15, 2023, 2:52 pm

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by anteater
I could be incorrect, but I don’t believe an AS FC ticket allows the pax entrance to an AA club (eg the AA JAL lounge at HNL).

Is she on an AA or AS ticket? Does she have an AA or AS Lounge+ membership?
No on an AS ticket sorry I wasn't clear. But I already saw the AS Lounge+ DO NOT get entrance. I wasn't sure if AS F pax could get lounge access on a reciprocal basis as AS has no lounge in HNL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.