Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Alaska & Delta baggage staff moonlighting as bag couriers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2023, 6:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K

This is a real conflict of interest and should be stopped immediately. According to Roadie Couriers (UPS owned), employees of Alaska and Delta are signing up with Roadie to deliver "lost" or "delayed" bags to passengers homes. Sounds like a perfect sly side hustle to me. Just slide the bag to the side to get extra money delivering it later. The Reddit "Roadie" page says it all.

"I have also overheard them discussing upcoming gigs with their coworkers who are working at the Airline service counter and be given early access to additional information about gigs from the Airlines Roadie Sender account page and information about upcoming gigs from the Airlines baggage service sites."

"first you get paid to lose the luggage then you get paid to deliver it."

Sounds like an incentive to delay baggage rather than making sure it gets on the courasel in a timely fashion. These airline employees are making money from "delayed" baggage. To me, this is a new low. This encourages lateness but worst of all, it interferes with the airlines ability to secure couriers to get luggage to the door steps of passengers. Couriers will refuse to pick up the bags if the only jobs they can get are for apartment buildings in downtown Seattle or a house 1 mile away from the airport.

Last edited by davistev; Feb 2, 2023 at 6:38 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.