Community
Wiki Posts
Search

100K/75K AA Upgrade (SWU) Codes

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2024, 5:32 pm

Programs: MVPGold 75K
I just used mine for ord to fco and fra to dfw in early may.
lalala likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2024, 12:02 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
So this is impossibly frustrating. After spending hours trying to find C space on both an outbound and inbound flight to LHR that works for me, I call the dedicated phone number at AA and guess what, they can't see the code and can't book anything. They say call AS. I call AS and of course its Sunday so they can't help. Call AA again to see if another person can do it and once again met with a brick wall, despite them trying to do everything under the sun to get it to work. WHAT THE HELL ALASKA!!!. So I guess I will wait till tomorrow while I watch C space disappear before my eyes.

For me, between the limited timeline to use the upgrade, the scarcity of C space at this late date, and the impossibility to actually use the upgrade code, this isn't much of a "benefit".
Old Apr 14, 2024, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jsguyrus
So this is impossibly frustrating. After spending hours trying to find C space on both an outbound and inbound flight to LHR that works for me, I call the dedicated phone number at AA and guess what, they can't see the code and can't book anything. They say call AS. I call AS and of course its Sunday so they can't help. Call AA again to see if another person can do it and once again met with a brick wall, despite them trying to do everything under the sun to get it to work. WHAT THE HELL ALASKA!!!. So I guess I will wait till tomorrow while I watch C space disappear before my eyes.

For me, between the limited timeline to use the upgrade, the scarcity of C space at this late date, and the impossibility to actually use the upgrade code, this isn't much of a "benefit".
Maybe that's why the benefit is going away.
Old Apr 14, 2024, 1:29 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75k, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat, Kenya Airways Gold
I tried to use mine this year for the first time in a long time, and I've spoken with 3 different AAgents who all insisted the SWU was applied to my reservation, and yet the "upgrades" button doesn't appear in my app to reflect the fact that I'm waitlisted. Honestly not too frustrated we're losing this benefit it had extremely limited use cases to begin with.
Old Apr 14, 2024, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by ItsAnAdam
I tried to use mine this year for the first time in a long time, and I've spoken with 3 different AAgents who all insisted the SWU was applied to my reservation, and yet the "upgrades" button doesn't appear in my app to reflect the fact that I'm waitlisted. Honestly not too frustrated we're losing this benefit it had extremely limited use cases to begin with.
Unless it a domestic flight I would never waitlist. Booking international travel and if it isn’t immediately available I won’t book it on AA.
Old Apr 14, 2024, 6:00 pm

Has anyone actually been able to get a confirmed upgrade on the 2024 certificate? If so, what magic did you use?
Old Apr 14, 2024, 6:55 pm

Programs: MVPGold 75K
Originally Posted by jsguyrus
Has anyone actually been able to get a confirmed upgrade on the 2024 certificate? If so, what magic did you use?
mine cleared when I called as I first was looking for free c space using expert flyer. I arrange mtly travel around free available c space
Old Apr 14, 2024, 8:33 pm

UPDATE- As I indicated earlier this morning, I was totally unable to use this SWA despite calling the designated AA number and calling back two more times. This evening I gave it one more try. They didn't bat an eye, said nothing about any issues finding the SWA and it cleared into J on both trans Atlantic flights. So weird!!!
willoL and Bellerina like this.
Old Apr 15, 2024, 7:58 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ItsAnAdam
I came here with the same question. They told me I'm on the waitlist DFW-LHR in June (Bus to 1st) but the "upgrade" button doesn't show up. My boyfriend is meeting me there (LAX-LHR), he is EXP with AA. He has the upgrade button and shows SWU requested. One thing I did notice when I go into the reservation, it no longer tries to sell me on an upgrade. I'll call this week to verify I am actually waitlisted. But so frustrating!
ItsAnAdam likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2024, 5:57 am

Programs: AS 100K, DL DM 1MM, UA 1MM
Originally Posted by lalala
Mine have not shown up yet, my taller half's have . I see scant places to use them for our purposes. Since I've already made my 100K nut, I have no incentive to buy anything other than main cabin, so that's lost revenue for AA.
I am also disappointed to see this go away. I'll likely continue fly like I am, but maybe not go the extra miles between one SWU and two. Would love to be able to apply our SWU to other OW partners for 2025 which is something that was alluded to earlier with the AA program. BA (as awful as they can be) is more convenient for me from SEA.
Check your spam for the U/G email from AS. That's where I found mine today after Mrs. Bob received hers on 4/10
anteater likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2024, 9:30 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Originally Posted by bobblevins
Check your spam for the U/G email from AS. That's where I found mine today after Mrs. Bob received hers on 4/10
Mine showed up in my inbox at 9 pm 4/10. I was able to redeem them in 10 minutes with two separate phone calls with AA. I'm glad you were able to find yours!
Old Yesterday, 10:03 pm

Programs: AS 100K
Where is everyone having luck using these (confirmed)? Is there a sweet spot with how far out (i.e., not Fall yet)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.