Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using miles to pay for AS inflight wifi

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2023, 11:02 am
ftv
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP 100K, F9 dirt Hilton damond, Choice Gold, Former DL Plat, UA 1K
Using miles to pay for AS inflight wifi

The AS website states it costs 2,000 miles for inflight wifi.

I see no place whatsoever under Alaska Extras (where this offer is posted) to pay for miles.

Who else out there is smarter than I and can figure this out? (I'm a 75L if that makes any difference.)

Thanks!
Old Jan 9, 2023, 11:09 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Yikes! That's a terrible terrible value now that it's $8 for any flight (unless you're on one of the old wifi planes).
Old Jan 9, 2023, 2:28 pm

...... And sounds like it will be free to everyone on my next Delta flight!
Old Jan 9, 2023, 4:02 pm

Programs: AS Mileage Plan 100k, Bonvoy Titanium
First I have heard of using miles, and I agree that 2,000 for an $8 flight pass is not a good buy at all.
Old Jan 9, 2023, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
Yikes! That's a terrible terrible value now that it's $8 for any flight (unless you're on one of the old wifi planes).
Originally Posted by navydevildoc
First I have heard of using miles, and I agree that 2,000 for an $8 flight pass is not a good buy at all.
The 2K miles in the AS "auction" Extras site was aligned with the previous GoGo's wifi price, at $20. At 1cpm, not good but also not terrible.

Originally Posted by ftv
The AS website states it costs 2,000 miles for inflight wifi.

I see no place whatsoever under Alaska Extras (where this offer is posted) to pay for miles.

Who else out there is smarter than I and can figure this out? (I'm a 75L if that makes any difference.)

Thanks!
This might have been phased out after AS tweaked its wifi pricing structure. Previously, it was whatever the going rate of GoGo ($20 was the most recent cost, if I recall correctly).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.