Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2023, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: samosa
E-mail Sent January 4, 2023:

We're continuing to invest in upgrades to make our Lounges better (and bigger) than ever. We’re currently focusing on remodeling and renovating our popular locations in Seattle, adding our most popular amenities.

The second phase of renovations in Seattle begins on January 7, 2023, when the D Concourse Lounge will close for a complete overhaul. It’s set to reopen in summer 2023. This renovated Lounge will have 30% more seating, a new barista station and an improved layout. While the D Concourse location is closed, please visit our newly expanded C Concourse or Flagship North Satellite Lounges.

We thank you for your patience during this time and appreciate your membership. We look forward to seeing you in the Lounge soon.

The Alaska Lounge team
Print Wikipost

Alaska Lounges (2023)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2023, 2:48 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan
Original Poster

Alaska Lounges (2023)

This popular subject now has a yearly thread.
Old Jan 1, 2023, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Made the decision to get the Citi Advantage Executive card since my Alaska Lounge + membership was going to expire at the end of January. The extra $100 for the Alaska Lounge + membership didn't seem even remotely worth it for benefits I likely would rarely if ever use such as being able to fly any airline or accessing a few random United Clubs some of which are in cities like DCA that already have Admiral's Club. I went ahead and made my spouse an authorized user which gives her the ability to access ACs without me which would be rare, but more likely to happen than needing to access an Alaska Lounge if I'm flying another airline besides Alaska or American. Anyone else making the switch?

Last edited by PDXPremier; Jan 1, 2023 at 7:30 pm
Old Jan 1, 2023, 7:08 pm

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
no switch, but probably getting the card myself with wife an AU. I fly AS often enough the AS lounge access will be nice; and together we fly AA here and there or are somewhere where there’s an AC but no AS lounge. Plus need a Global Entry Credit this year.
Old Jan 1, 2023, 7:46 pm

Programs: AS Mileage Plan 100k, Bonvoy Titanium
I almost feel like we should consider a over/under game on the date of the triumphant installation of the dishwasher in the SEA N lounge in 2023.
work4fun likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2023, 8:17 pm

Programs: Alaska airlines 100k
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Made the decision to get the Citi Advantage Executive card since my Alaska Lounge + membership was going to expire at the end of January. The extra $100 for the Alaska Lounge + membership didn't seem even remotely worth it for benefits I likely would rarely if ever use such as being able to fly any airline or accessing a few random United Clubs some of which are in cities like DCA that already have Admiral's Club. I went ahead and made my spouse an authorized user which gives her the ability to access ACs without me which would be rare, but more likely to happen than needing to access an Alaska Lounge if I'm flying another airline besides Alaska or American. Anyone else making the switch?
Is it $450 annually for this card?

Will this permit unfettered access to AS boardroom in Seattle, PDX and LAX if on an AS or AA ticket?
Will this permit unfettered access to admiral clubs at any airport with an AS boarding pass?

If spouse is an AU spouse would be permitted to all of the above as well in my absence ? (AS boardrooms and admiral clubs)

If traveling with kid and spouse all 3 would be permitted access to all of the above ??

If all the above is eligible then what’s the downside compared to having AS + boardroom for spouse and myself (over $800 annually) - would seem like a good arbitrage , so what’s the catch?

Thanks
Old Jan 1, 2023, 8:29 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Xrayman

Will this permit unfettered access to AS boardroom in Seattle, PDX and LAX if on an AS or AA ticket?
Will this permit unfettered access to admiral clubs at any airport with an AS boarding pass?

If spouse is an AU spouse would be permitted to all of the above as well in my absence ? (AS boardrooms and admiral clubs)

If traveling with kid and spouse all 3 would be permitted access to all of the above ??

If all the above is eligible then what’s the downside compared to having AS + boardroom for spouse and myself (over $800 annually) - would seem like a good arbitrage , so what’s the catch?

Thanks
Authourized users have access to Admirals Clubs only so no access to Alaska Lounges. Only the primaray card holder will show Admirals Club Membership on the back of their card and have access to any AL with a guest when they present the card for verification to the AL agent. Also eligible on arrival.

James
Old Jan 1, 2023, 8:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks
The $450 annual fee card comes with a full Admiral's Club membership for the primary cardholder which includes two guests or a spouse + kids under 18 for all ACs and Alaska Lounges. The AU only gets access to Admiral's Clubs not Alaska Lounges. The Admiral's Club membership requires an AS or AA boarding pass unlike the Alaska Lounge membership which permits a boarding pass from any airline (although I rarely fly anything other than AS or AA so not significant for me)...the $550 Alaska Lounge + membership no longer makes financial sense when I can get all the benefits I need and then some with the card.
Old Jan 2, 2023, 9:59 am

Programs: Yes
AS Lounge @ SFO 🤙🏻🥃

jimmygottfredson likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2023, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
My travel patterns for work this year are changing so I'm not going to be on AA routes much, and it makes sense to upgrade to an Amex Plat finally (I've had the $55/year traditional green for decades) and just get the AS Lounge- for my Alaska flights, which are most of my personal travel. With the Lounge- and Plat, there will always be a lounge within one terminal for my outbounds if I'm early, and there are either Amex, AS, or actual PP lounges at all my likely remote airports. The main one for me was having someplace to kill time at DEN, because I'll probably be taking late-ish flights out but arriving at the airport randomly early.
Old Jan 2, 2023, 1:36 pm

Programs: I need to do better in managing my affiliations. Oops, I overshot the runway for status next year.

Thanks
Slightly fettered: Travelers using American Airlines Admirals Club Credit Card for Alaska Lounge access may have to wait if that Alaska Lounge is full. Alaska Lounge Members get priority over them.

(Source Alaska Lounge personnel)
Old Jan 2, 2023, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
Authourized users have access to Admirals Clubs only so no access to Alaska Lounges. Only the primaray card holder will show Admirals Club Membership on the back of their card and have access to any AL with a guest when they present the card for verification to the AL agent. Also eligible on arrival.

James
I believe the guest policy for the primary card holder are 2 guests or immediate family (spouse/children) for any AC or AL. I did notice that the age cut off for dependent children is 21 for Alaska Lounge members and 18 for Admirals Club members so I'll keep that in mind once I have a 19 year old
willoL likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2023, 3:31 pm

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
Originally Posted by dayone
This popular subject now has a yearly thread.
Suggest bringing forward the Wiki with the waitlists
Old Jan 2, 2023, 4:52 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan
Original Poster

Originally Posted by seacarl
Suggest bringing forward the Wiki with the waitlists
Wikis are a community functionality. Most members can create and add to a Wiki. And I always appreciate the help when I miss something.
Old Jan 2, 2023, 9:17 pm

My take is if you fly enough to maintain elite status, having a membership is probably worth it. It has totally improved my travel experience. I am kicking myself for not getting a membership years ago
Old Jan 4, 2023, 2:54 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
Not sure if the date was previously announced, but got an email today that the D Lounge is set to fully close on Jan 7th during it's remodel and will re-open Summer 2023. The new lounge should have 30% more seating apparently, which D could sorely use as it's layout was quite inefficient.

I did swing by the remodeled C Lounge last month and it has quite a bit more seating, but I expect it will get still get full from people who don't want to trek out to N Lounge if they're flying out of C & D (personally if I got there early enough I'd go to N). Hopefully the new D Lounge will be good enough that I won't feel compelled to head to N Lounge... at least until 2027 when the new C/D Flagship Lounge outshines N.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.