Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Duplicate same-day reservations

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2022, 1:12 pm
Original Poster

Duplicate same-day reservations

Does alaska allow 2 x bookings for the same route, same day (i.e. earlier and later departure)? I have booked first flight but concerned in case I get delayed and want to book seat on later as backup.
I know other airlines like UA will auto delete duplicate reservations.
Old Dec 11, 2022, 1:16 pm

Programs: Yes
AS RM may flag the duplicate reservation and email you that one will be cancelled. I’ve had one proactively cancelled by AS too. Doing this repeatedly may have adverse consequences. I know two people who had their MP accounts temporarily suspended for this.

That being said, if the flights are chronologically far enough apart (and you aren’t doing it often), that no one will be the wiser.

Let us know how it goes! 🙌🏻🍹
Old Dec 11, 2022, 1:32 pm

Programs: MVP100K, A-list, Marriott/IHG Plat, CHP525 Ticket Plat, CHP Solo Carpool 100K, Costco EXP, Tinder 1K
Are you sure you are not holding seat on the 2nd flight just to guarantee SDC? New account with 2 post history.. SUS.
JetAirways77W likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2022, 1:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 985X
Are you sure you are not holding seat on the 2nd flight just to guarantee SDC? New account with 2 post history.. SUS.
The fares are identical between the two flights in question, so there is no benefit in what you are suggesting, but thanks for the welcome.
Old Dec 11, 2022, 1:56 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
They do not, and they can and have. End of story.
Old Dec 11, 2022, 2:03 pm

Programs: AS 75K
I've had a reservation cancelled before due to this. It actually was a mistake as I was traveling a lot and just got confused. Thankfully, they cancelled the one I didn't want.

I recently was trying to make a tight connection at LAX from OGG going to LAS and just booked a backup flight on WN (which I ended up needing) so you might consider just booking one leg on another airline to be sure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.