Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

New Boarding Process - Group PRI (ority) = F+100K

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Boarding Process - Group PRI (ority) = F+100K

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2022, 7:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by trektheusa
Didn't mythbusters do an episode on this? I forgot what the results were
Random is most efficient. That's part of the reason why WN can do faster turns than any other domestic carrier.
Old Dec 11, 2022, 12:25 pm

Question about the new boarding.

Since we're all starting to return to flying globally, if I recall, OWEs board with F class and a carrier's top elites. Perhaps, not a big deal here in the States, but wouldn't this new boarding scheme cause some confusion with non-AS and/or no- US based OWEs? Moreover, if 75Ks are OWEs, shouldn't they board with the first group, as is customary with OW protocol?
Old Dec 11, 2022, 12:45 pm

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by Visconti;[url=tel:34824857
34824857]Question about the new boarding.

Since we're all starting to return to flying globally, if I recall, OWEs board with F class and a carrier's top elites. Perhaps, not a big deal here in the States, but wouldn't this new boarding scheme cause some confusion with non-AS and/or no- US based OWEs? Moreover, if 75Ks are OWEs, shouldn't they board with the first group, as is customary with OW protocol?
AFK but.. I thought on AS that OWEs board in Group A.
Bellerina likes this.

Last edited by anteater; Dec 11, 2022 at 12:52 pm
Old Dec 11, 2022, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by anteater
AFK but.. I thought OWEs board in Group A.
With CX, OWE boards with their F & DMs (highest elite class). While it's been some time because of the pandemic, I'm pretty sure this had also been the case with JL & BA, though I could be wrong or thing may have changed post pandemic. But, with CX, that's definitely the case, and it's still the same several days ago from HKG.
Old Dec 11, 2022, 12:59 pm

Programs: AS Mileage Plan 100k, Bonvoy Titanium
Every time I fly BA, I'm in Group A. Many times I am the first one on the plane since we don't have F (who board first) on many flights these days.
Old Dec 11, 2022, 4:43 pm

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Originally Posted by Fredd
We just found it on BPs for flights tomorrow and wondered what it might signify (Privileged? Prized?),
PRImate, of course!
Fredd and notquiteaff like this.
Old Dec 11, 2022, 4:50 pm

As it previously displayed “First Class”, there’s clearly space to display “Priority”. I wonder what the thought process was behind this design decision.

Why use many word when few will do? #TheOffice

🙌🏻🍹
ItsAnAdam likes this.

Last edited by anteater; Dec 11, 2022 at 5:25 pm
Old Dec 11, 2022, 5:22 pm

DL says SKY PRI😁
Old Dec 11, 2022, 5:54 pm

Programs: MVPG75, Club 49, OWE, Hilton, Bonvoy, Enterprise Plus, MGM, AA, BA
It is hard to hear announcements at times, so PRI/100K can sound like Group A, depending on ambient noise and hearing correctly. I held back to make sure yesterday in SEA. The screen did not have a boarding display, which I count on.
Old Dec 11, 2022, 9:36 pm

Programs: Alaska Mileage Plan
Really strange that they've updated the screens and BPs without any word on what "Group F" is on the website or even telling their staff what it means (I asked the other day, they had no clue).
Old Dec 12, 2022, 8:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Visconti
With CX, OWE boards with their F & DMs (highest elite class). While it's been some time because of the pandemic, I'm pretty sure this had also been the case with JL & BA, though I could be wrong or thing may have changed post pandemic.
Per the JL website, OWE boards with F. (Though I could swear when I flew JL pre-pandemic, OWE boarded with J, not F.)
Old Dec 12, 2022, 8:29 am

Programs: AS 75k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
I love it when they have the screens that show which group is boarding. I'm often in the lounge prior and head to the gate as boarding starts and sometimes have to ask someone which group has been called. Esp in louder airports when you can't hear the announcements clearly.
mildfrequence likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2022, 8:40 am

It’s only one DP, but on a recent flight when “Priority” was announced, many ineligible pax swarmed the gate to board and the GA didn’t enforce boarding groups.

🙌🏻🥃
mtnsider and ItsAnAdam like this.

Last edited by anteater; Dec 12, 2022 at 9:22 am
Old Dec 12, 2022, 9:48 am

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Originally Posted by anteater
It’s only one DP, but on a recent flight when “Priority” was announced, many ineligible pax swarmed the gate to board and the GA didn’t enforce boarding groups.
On my first flight with the new system I think it was, some non-PRI in the PRI line was turned away. A hooded youngster avoiding eye contact confirming the stereotype. He didn't bother to move farther away from the agent than a couple of steps while waiting.
anteater and Ghoulish like this.
Old Dec 14, 2022, 10:08 pm

Programs: I need to do better in managing my affiliations. Oops, I overshot the runway for status next year.
works fine even though I try to board after group "F as in Fabulous"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.