Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Infant lap booking

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2023, 5:39 pm

Has anyone had success with LATAM and Alaska MR award tickets? I'm getting the old runaround from LATAM and Alaska
Old Aug 3, 2023, 6:52 am

Programs: alaska, united, marriott, hilton
Originally Posted by jaxapax1
Has anyone had success with LATAM and Alaska MR award tickets? I'm getting the old runaround from LATAM and Alaska
I haven't on LATAM or Condor but have on Fiji, Qantas, and JAL. What has helped when i got push back initially from those three I told them since Alaska can't sell revenue tickets on your airlines it has to be booked by you. All three cases after a hold they came back and figured it out. Honestly its much easier booking lap infants on United partners through united. You just added them during search.

My infant is turning 2 in September so the JAL was our last partner award with a lap infant. Glad that nightmare is over.. but sad too.. can't believe she is already two. Sadly we won't get 20 countries by 2.. she is stuck on 19.
Old Aug 4, 2023, 9:00 pm

This might be way to early, but has anyone tried adding a lap child with Starlux?
Old Aug 4, 2023, 9:05 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by lly89
This might be way to early, but has anyone tried adding a lap child with Starlux?
Good luck and godspeed. I tried to change the FF number in my reservation and it was like I was speaking Martian.
Old Aug 4, 2023, 9:09 pm

ahhhhh... I might avoid then. Was hoping it would be easy like Cathay
Old Aug 5, 2023, 1:59 am

Originally Posted by lly89
in the other starlux thread under Alaska someone mentioned they called in and was quoted 10% of the revenue fare to add a lap infant.
Old Aug 5, 2023, 6:29 am

Thanks so much!
Old Sep 13, 2023, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by etgohomeok
Has anyone had any experience adding a lap infant to an award ticket on Condor? So far I've been running into brick walls.
Were you able to? I keep getting told to buy a full fare new ticket. Air Tahiti did it for me not too long ago fyi.

Last edited by economyfly; Sep 13, 2023 at 4:22 pm
Old Oct 24, 2023, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by economyfly
Were you able to? I keep getting told to buy a full fare new ticket. Air Tahiti did it for me not too long ago fyi.
Did you end up having any luck with Condor?
Old Jan 5, 2024, 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by najama2
Did you end up having any luck with Condor?
nope, i gave up and cancelled the tickets sadly.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 12:06 pm

Anyone have experience doing this with Korean Air? Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 1:13 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond
Per multiple discussions I've had with Alaska at this point...because I'll be travelling with a new born this summer on award tickets....The child must have a seat. Lap Infants are not an option whatsoever on Partner Awards. I've spoken with about 10 different agents, and 2 supervisors. Its been pretty clear messaging on that front.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 5:24 pm

Programs: Shamelessly Gold at Flying Burrito and AirTrain A+ Elite. Turkish Star Gold, 100k at Flying Eskimo
QR: not possible
TN: possible
FJ: possible
AA: possible
Old Jan 10, 2024, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by rune87
Per multiple discussions I've had with Alaska at this point...because I'll be travelling with a new born this summer on award tickets....The child must have a seat. Lap Infants are not an option whatsoever on Partner Awards. I've spoken with about 10 different agents, and 2 supervisors. Its been pretty clear messaging on that front.
First, congrats on the new addition to your family!

Second, my understanding is that Alaska can't/won't help, but it's possible you can do it if you go directly to some partners (see, e.g., post immediately above).
Old Jan 10, 2024, 7:10 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by KE81
First, congrats on the new addition to your family!

Second, my understanding is that Alaska can't/won't help, but it's possible you can do it if you go directly to some partners (see, e.g., post immediately above).
Thanks! Got to get the little guy flying early! Thats what I thought. AA told me they could only do it domestically, not internationally. BA was like..uhm..what?. IcelandAir was like..don't know what you are talking about. I finally just booked the seat for him out of frustration, only for BA to tell me that there is no infant on the reservation, so we couldnt get the bassinet seats. :facepalm:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.