Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Million Miler question

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2022, 10:59 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100k - UA Premier Gold - AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
With 500 mile minimums, actual BIS could be significantly less. You could earn MM status with less than 200K BIS.

James
I know award flights don't count towards EQM's, but if they're on AS metal do they count towards MM?
Old Oct 30, 2022, 11:03 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ShutUpDonnie
I know award flights don't count towards EQM's, but if they're on AS metal do they count towards MM?
No, revenue flights only. If you aren’t earning EQM you aren’t earning towards MM status.

James
Old Oct 31, 2022, 5:49 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Originally Posted by trektheusa
just coming from a lurker but what does one do with millions of miles? I usually use my miles as soon as I obtain enough for a saver ticket. However, I'm at a point in life where I think I'm going to bank them for awhile.
Judiciously used by me for friends, family and myself for redemptions that make sense to me.
Old Oct 31, 2022, 5:50 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Originally Posted by BallardFlyer
It is BIS. I have never seen bonus EQM count before on the lifetime MM counter.
same. If it is, it’s a new feature.
Old Oct 31, 2022, 9:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS 100K and AS 1MM
Back to my original question (and yes, I could go for 2MM, but that sounds exhausting right now, plus I'm often funding my own travel):

It's a bit vexing in that without having to fly a single segment in 2023 I'll already start at the equivalent of having flown 40,000 BIS miles, given that MM status is MVP Gold for life.

So if I want to go for 75K or 100K in 2024, my perception is that the first 40,000 miles flown won't really gain me anything - other than progress beyond that threshold towards higher status. This will matter to me if I'm paying for those miles on my own.

Any other thoughts from MM out there? Perhaps there's a dedicated FT MM thread across all airlines?
mtofell likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2022, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by tpritchard
So if I want to go for 75K or 100K in 2024, my perception is that the first 40,000 miles flown won't really gain me anything - other than progress beyond that threshold towards higher status.
Your perception is wrong. The RDMs you earn flying as a MM in 2023 before you hit 75K don't have $0 value. They do gain you something (future award travel).
VirtuousKangaroo likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2022, 10:23 am

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
I’m still .7MM but working toward MM. Seeing several of my 100K upgrade misses, I think MVPG status is the new MVP with not a very high chance for upgrade. Still, G status permit life baggage allowance which is still worthy. Doubtful I will chase further status upgrades.

Jiburi
eponymous_coward and anteater like this.
Old Oct 31, 2022, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by jiburi
I’m still .7MM but working toward MM. Seeing several of my 100K upgrade misses, I think MVPG status is the new MVP with not a very high chance for upgrade. Still, G status permit life baggage allowance which is still worthy. Doubtful I will chase further status upgrades.

Jiburi
It’s also lifetime Oneworld Sapphire, so business class lounges on economy travel outside the US.
jiburi and VirtuousKangaroo like this.
Old Feb 27, 2023, 7:03 pm

Programs: AS 1MM/MVPG, AS Lounge, DL SkyClub (Life), Hertz 5* -- AA, DL, UA
Originally Posted by ShutUpDonnie
When reaching 1 or 2 mm, are you allowed a companion on the upgrade list with you? Is it essentially a 1:1 with the status that is actually earned?
At least when flying on a companion fare ticket, my spouse has been upgraded when I have - from the WL, where we both appear (as with other times when we're on the same record). As with most WL upgrades, they come "late", e.g., T-24 or later. So it's not a feature of 1MM as such.
Old Feb 27, 2023, 8:50 pm

Hi -

Lifetime Gold also means 4 GGUS every year.
Old Feb 27, 2023, 9:10 pm

Programs: Alaska airlines 100k
Originally Posted by Orwaid
Hi -

Lifetime Gold also means 4 GGUS every year.
Did not know this was a benefit. Sounds good.
Old Feb 27, 2023, 10:15 pm

Programs: I need to do better in managing my affiliations. Oops, I overshot the runway for status next year.
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
With 500 mile minimums, actual BIS could be significantly less. You could earn MM status with less than 200K BIS.

James
Does that work out to only 2,000 pre-flight safety briefings?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.