Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Alaska 100K (OW Emerald): Access Denied to BA First Class Lounge at SEA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska 100K (OW Emerald): Access Denied to BA First Class Lounge at SEA

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2022, 10:55 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
I have been to the BA Lounge twice in the last year. Disappointing at best. My new strategy is just go to the Alaska N Lounge and take the three train connection to the S gates from now on. It would probably take less time to take the three trains than stand in the long line at the BA lounge to have all my documents hand scrutinized before they let me in.

Does anyone know what ever happened to the Delta lounge that was on the roof of the S terminal? That place was huge.
Old Oct 31, 2022, 12:19 am

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
Originally Posted by jsguyrus
Does anyone know what ever happened to the Delta lounge that was on the roof of the S terminal? That place was huge.
Delta has vacated that space after building another large lounge between Terminal A/B and is now operated by The Club - SEA. Much of prior art and furniture remain, and includes two shower stalls.

Jiburi
Old Oct 31, 2022, 5:16 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
BA lounges in the US have always had this problem. They are "affectionately" known as lounge dragons for a reason.
Old Nov 1, 2022, 12:47 pm

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Originally Posted by LeonS
the snacks they have in the 'normal' Business Class sections are very uninspiring.
Uninspiring is an understatement. That entire lounge is a waste of time. Old, tired, depressing, and void of any decent F&B options. Best to avoid completely.
Old Nov 1, 2022, 4:45 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by sullim4
The better question is whether it will depart from the A gates. Several of those gates are now capable of receiving international passengers with the new arrivals facility.

Before today, the BA lounge allowed Priority Pass access during certain hours, although that appears to have been scuttled:
I've always been denied access to the BA lounge using Priority Pass and have sent 100+ emails to PP for each instance of denial.

Also the Lounge Staff there are terrible with no manners at all.
Old Nov 1, 2022, 5:36 pm

Programs: Alaska, AA, Marriott
Originally Posted by LeonS
Oh no, the Alaska lounge at the N satellite* is in an entire different (higher) league than the BA lounge at the S satellite.
It used to be. Alaska is failing to keep it up and it's not much better than a "The Club" lounge at this point other than the aesthetics.

Paper plates, paper cups, half the beer options out, half the food options not set out. Really sad for what should be their flagship lounge.
Old Nov 1, 2022, 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by Intl359Widget
I've always been denied access to the BA lounge using Priority Pass and have sent 100+ emails to PP for each instance of denial.
Wow.
Old Nov 1, 2022, 8:39 pm

Programs: AS Mileage Plan 100k, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by thatmikereed
It used to be. Alaska is failing to keep it up and it's not much better than a "The Club" lounge at this point other than the aesthetics.

Paper plates, paper cups, half the beer options out, half the food options not set out. Really sad for what should be their flagship lounge.
That's pretty harsh criticism. I won't defend the paper and plastic service... at first I was OK with the "dishwasher is broken" line but now it feels more like "hey we figured out paying a back of house staff to clean things is more expensive than disposable" and it makes the whole situation laughable, especially when they are making us suffer through box water on the aircraft for "planet protecting consciousness". No way has it taken this long to get a dishwasher fixed.

On the beer front, while they did use to have quite the selection and have pared it down a bit, what you get on draft is still spectacular, and don't forget it's all complimentary. Next time you are in an Admiral's Club take a look at the tap list and then what you can get for free. AS is still far ahead of the pack here.

Food has always been dismal. It's the really dark spot on an otherwise really nice lounge network.

What they do need is (1) deep cleaning of seats and other cloth surfaces, and (2) fix the charger situation at SFO. Those two things will make a substantial improvement.
Old Nov 2, 2022, 9:20 am

Programs: Alaska 100K (aka OWS)
Re: seattle lounges : BA F < BA < The Club < Boardroom N gates < Centurian.

they were doing you a favor by “restricting” your use of the BA F lounge.
Old Nov 2, 2022, 9:27 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by QT31415

IMO BA<BA F, but for only two reasons. (1) There are fewer people in the F "room". (2) You don't have to climb over people and luggage to navigate the F "room" - unlike the J lounge.

That is all.
Old Nov 2, 2022, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by navydevildoc
Food has always been dismal. It's the really dark spot on an otherwise really nice lounge network.
Something that the DL SkyClub blows them and the Centurion Lounge away on, incidentally. Sandwiches, soup, hot food...
Intl359Widget likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2022, 3:23 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
There are currently contracting issues at Seattle with BA and their lounge.

The other night BA refused access to 37 passengers flying on the AA operated SEA/LHR flight, said to be due to "contracting issues".

The solution given by the lounge was to use the Alaska N Lounge, or beg for entry at the ClubSEA next door. If anyone knows SEA, that's 3 trains to N Lounge!

Hopefully they sort out SEA, as BA are making a mess of it. That said, S-Gates don't have any decent-sized lounges.
Old Nov 2, 2022, 7:30 pm

Programs: AS; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Gold; NEXUS
Originally Posted by QT31415

I agree on this ordering. I'd also put the SEA SkyClub ahead of the Centurion (for now). If you're an AMEX Platinum holder, it makes buying a DL ticket to get the SkyClub access super tempting. That new SkyClub in LAX is pretty nice as well, even though T3 itself is a complete cluster.

To a lesser extent than LAX, much of this problem imo is due to SEA itself - it's a miserable experience in the terminal (especially in B/C/D/S) and thus more people are willing to pay to get out of that and into a lounge. That N Boardroom is very big (and supplemented by the smaller lounges in C and D) and yet it's so overcrowded that they can't sell day passes. I suspect it's one reason why we haven't seen an AS premium credit card offering that bundles some kind of lounge access - without more room, it isn't viable.
eponymous_coward and QT31415 like this.
Old Nov 2, 2022, 9:47 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Neil Scrivener
There are currently contracting issues at Seattle with BA and their lounge.

The other night BA refused access to 37 passengers flying on the AA operated SEA/LHR flight, said to be due to "contracting issues".

The solution given by the lounge was to use the Alaska N Lounge, or beg for entry at the ClubSEA next door. If anyone knows SEA, that's 3 trains to N Lounge!

Hopefully they sort out SEA, as BA are making a mess of it. That said, S-Gates don't have any decent-sized lounges.
How did you know they denied entry to 37 passengers?

There's no need to schlep over to the N Gates when AS has a lounge by D and C Gates granted ... the N Gates are much nicer.

BA needs to get their act together as I'll be on the AA SEALHR next Tuesday in Business Class.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.