Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: Which 100K Choice Benefit Would You Choose?
50,000 Bonus Miles
40.91%
Alaska Lounge+ Membership for 2023
27.27%
Gifting MVP Gold Status
27.27%
Complimentary Wi-Fi for a Year
4.55%
CLEAR Plus Membership
0%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

100K Choice Benefit

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2023, 7:56 pm

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
Originally Posted by beckoa
Wonder what the breakage is on MVP nomination? And what it will be for the choice benefit for 100K.
I have not always used my 75K ability to nominate someone to MVP. Sometimes that was an unforced error on my part, as in I forwent earning 25% bonus miles on tickets I bought for a child or partner because I forgot about it. So my experience supports breakage at 75K MVP nomination... and I can say that I haven't nominated anyone yet this time around, either.

But I would hypothesize that there will be little breakage for 100K Gold nominations since you have to explicitly elect this option and forgo 50,000 RDM and lounge membership. So you probably have someone in mind.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 9:30 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100k, UA Silver, AC P25k, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
No email for me…..I confirmed that I do in fact qualify for this.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 7:58 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 100K, United MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Diamond, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Globalist
I choose the Lounge+ Choice option
Does anyone know how long it will be before before it is activated?
I have seen some prior posts where if you had an existing or prior Wallet Card that it was updated.
Unfortunately, that is not my case.
Thanks
Old Jan 12, 2023, 8:00 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100k - UA Premier Gold - AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by pdxtraveller
I choose the Lounge+ Choice option
Does anyone know how long it will be before before it is activated?
I have seen some prior posts where if you had an existing or prior Wallet Card that it was updated.
Unfortunately, that is not my case.
Thanks
I chose Lounge+ and the update was immediate for me, when viewing the lounge pass via the "view account" tab in the app.

The lounge pass I had in my Apple wallet did not update immediately, but when I went into the app and re-added the pass to my wallet, it did update.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 8:48 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100k, UA Silver, AC P25k, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
It looks like my email stopped accepting emails as I didn’t clean out Google space so it probabaly got denied.

any way to get a new email or do I call in. Is there a link to a landing page to sign in?
Old Jan 12, 2023, 8:52 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 100K, United MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Diamond, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ShutUpDonnie
I chose Lounge+ and the update was immediate for me, when viewing the lounge pass via the "view account" tab in the app.

The lounge pass I had in my Apple wallet did not update immediately, but when I went into the app and re-added the pass to my wallet, it did update.
Thanks much--same for me
Old Jan 12, 2023, 8:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by ShutUpDonnie

Also showed up in account activity.
Old Jan 15, 2023, 12:16 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
100K Choice Benefit Selection (Not Working)

I got this e-mail on Jan. 11:

But when I click through I get this message:

Has anyone else encountered this? AS IT at its best! Apologies if this has been covered already.
mtofell likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2023, 2:09 pm

Programs: AS Mileage Plan 100k, Bonvoy Titanium
Look higher in the thread. Different browsers have issues. Same with adblockers and other privacy tools.
Arsene Wenger likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2023, 2:49 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
Thanks so much - I switched to Firefox from Chrome and it worked. Chose the 50K miles and they posted immediately. This is why I love Flyertalk!

Originally Posted by navydevildoc
Look higher in the thread. Different browsers have issues. Same with adblockers and other privacy tools.
beckoa likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2023, 5:31 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA MM, AA MM, IC Plat Amb, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by isaacchambers
It looks like my email stopped accepting emails as I didn’t clean out Google space so it probabaly got denied.

any way to get a new email or do I call in. Is there a link to a landing page to sign in?
I was feeling left out, because I didn't get any email, either! I could have waited a bit longer, but with a trip coming up in a few days, I decided to call in today and inquire. The agent could not see that any 100K choice email was sent to me, but she was able to confirm my status and allow me to make my selection.

Maybe they haven't gotten around to sending all the emails yet, but if you need it sooner, you might as well as well give them a call.
beckoa likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2023, 5:42 pm

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
I never received the email, even though I was qualified. I don't know what is an effective way to contact Alaska about why I didn't receive an email.

I got the link from my partner (who also qualified and received an email.) I got error messages. After reading about browser issues, I was able to make it work on my phone.

Overall this is a pretty lame experience. I hope that AS will take it upon themselves to investiage why emails were not sent and why there were browser problems. Unless the intention is to maxmiize breakage.
Old Jan 17, 2023, 12:17 am

Programs: AS 100K
Most airports I visited have Amex or Priority Pass lounges, chose the 50k miles which potentially has much higher value.
mtofell likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2023, 12:19 am
eap

Programs: AS MVP 75K, UA 1MM
Originally Posted by seacarl
I never received the email, even though I was qualified. I don't know what is an effective way to contact Alaska about why I didn't receive an email.
I never got the e-mail, but had an chat representative give it me when I asked.

Definitely weird; and it should be public, like the MVP nomination form.
Old Jan 21, 2023, 6:29 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100k - UA Premier Gold - AA Platinum Pro
I know it’s all speculation at this point, but do we know when we can expect the AA SWU’s? Looking back at my email from last year, the first mention of the code came around April.

As a bonus question, I’ve just learned that AA elites can use their SWU’s on BA flights. Are there any DP’s of AS elites doing the same?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.