Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

BA PDX - LHR Service Location and Lounge at PDX

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2022, 9:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: RDM AS 100K - 1MM / DL DM - 3MM / Marriott Ambassador - Lifetime Titanium Elite

My wife and I are on this flight in May and I am wondering if even though BA is Oneworld, Alaska and American depart from the C concourse and the board room is on that side of security, will the BA flight have to depart from the D concourse where immigration and customs is located?

If that is the case does anyone know if BA will set up a lounge in the D concourse or will have to use the Board Room in C and clear security twice?

Thanks.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 10:42 am

I suspect if construction isn't done they will contract with either DL or UA for lounge access for eligible passengers. But that's not a guarantee.
becks1 likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 1:28 pm

We took that flight last month and were able to use the UA lounge in the D Concourse. It was nice because the only people in the lounge were those on the LHR flight so it was easy to know when to leave. I suspect if the corridor opens back up after construction the Alaska lounge will have to be used.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
FYI...if you *really* want to visit the newly expanded Alaska Lounge in C concourse, TSA has no problem letting you go through security twice at least at PDX.....I did that once when I had the odd-ball AS flight to BUR leaving from D concourse.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 3:04 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
FYI...if you *really* want to visit the newly expanded Alaska Lounge in C concourse, TSA has no problem letting you go through security twice at least at PDX.....I did that once when I had the odd-ball AS flight to BUR leaving from D concourse.
This is the case at pretty much any airport where TSA is operating.. As long as you have a valid same-day boarding pass, you can enter through any checkpoint to access concessions, lounges, etc. You may get someone at the "pre checkpoint area" letting you know you're not at the right terminal, but other than that, TSA only cares you have a flight leaving from that airport that day.
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by be_rettSEA
This is the case at pretty much any airport where TSA is operating.. As long as you have a valid same-day boarding pass, you can enter through any checkpoint to access concessions, lounges, etc. You may get someone at the "pre checkpoint area" letting you know you're not at the right terminal, but other than that, TSA only cares you have a flight leaving from that airport that day.
I feel like JFK is the most strict perhaps due to having totally separate terminal buildings.
Old Nov 2, 2022, 9:21 pm

I'm flying this route on Friday, still the United lounge in D?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.