Wiki Posts
Search

Canceling one segment in a SQ award

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2022, 5:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SQ QPPS, *A Gold, EK Skywards Gold
Canceling one segment in a SQ award

I have booked a one way award for SFO-SIN (stopover)-BKK on SQ business class with AS miles. I would now like to terminate my journey in SIN and cancel the SIN-BKK segment. Will the AS partner award agents be able to cancel the SIN-BKK segment alone while preserving the SFO-SIN segment? Award seats on SQ are no longer available for SFO-SIN so I am worried I might lose my transpacific segment if I make this change. Appreciate any guidance on the right team to get to in AS customer service to help with this.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 5:49 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by kaushik123
I have booked a one way award for SFO-SIN (stopover)-BKK on SQ business class with AS miles. I would now like to terminate my journey in SIN and cancel the SIN-BKK segment. Will the AS partner award agents be able to cancel the SIN-BKK segment alone while preserving the SFO-SIN segment? Award seats on SQ are no longer available for SFO-SIN so I am worried I might lose my transpacific segment if I make this change. Appreciate any guidance on the right team to get to in AS customer service to help with this.
when is your flight? If it's not soon then I'd just wait to see if there's a schedule change and address it then. Or... you can just not take the final segment - since you said you have a stopover in SIN you would be collecting any checked bags.
Of course you could just call AS and ask them if they can delete the last leg without losing your other flight!
Old Jun 27, 2022, 5:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by estnet
when is your flight? If it's not soon then I'd just wait to see if there's a schedule change and address it then. Or... you can just not take the final segment - since you said you have a stopover in SIN you would be collecting any checked bags.
Of course you could just call AS and ask them if they can delete the last leg without losing your other flight!
SFO-SIN is on July 4th. SIN-BKK segment is on July 11th. Great idea about not taking the onward flight - didn't think about that. I was just hoping any extra taxes I paid for SIN-BKK might get refunded.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
no direct experience with SQ, but based on last weekend (DCA-LAX//LAX-AUS when the “your flight to Austin is now boarding” text appeared), I’d say if you cancel the onward leg after you’re in SIN you will get any applicable fees and taxes refunded
Old Jun 27, 2022, 6:34 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jrl767
no direct experience with SQ, but based on last weekend (DCA-LAX//LAX-AUS when the “your flight to Austin is now boarding” text appeared), I’d say if you cancel the onward leg after you’re in SIN you will get any applicable fees and taxes refunded
Or, go online & change the reservation. Delete the last segment and have it process. Any changes in fees & taxes will show as a refund. Nothing is committed until you complete the "check-out" process. If you don't like the results, simply QUIT the change request. I just did this with a QR award, changing the domestic Saver E to a later date creating a stopover after the QR inbound.

OP, since your plans have changed on BKK, you would also have opportunity to change to the same or a different city by creating a long stopover. Maybe next spring, JL/KE/CX NA-SIN and use your SQ leg from there then.

James
Old Jun 27, 2022, 10:05 pm
Original Poster

Thanks all!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.