Wiki Posts
Search

More problems with system recognizing me

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2022, 10:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Silver, Hertz Five Star
More problems with system recognizing me

Last year I was having problems in that I was not showing up on upgrade lists on fares booked through my employer's travel agency. Long story short, one had my middle name, while the other did not. To rectify this, AS told me all flights moving forward must be booked using my first and middle name in the first name field. Problem solved.

Fast forward to this year and I am at a new employer and I booked my first flight. AS recognizes my status, even lists me as "first name, middle name", and allows me to move myself to Premium for no charge on the eligible return fare. However, it does not add me to the upgrade list automatically, nor does it allow me to try and do it manually. Seems like another name recognition issue, but the system recognizes me differently than it did before. I'm at a loss, but wait times are too long to attempt to speak to anyone about it.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 4:55 pm

Programs: AS Mileage Plan 100k, Bonvoy Titanium
If you are an elite, you should be calling the number in your alaska app (it's not the normal reservations number). As long as your phone number matches your elite MP profile, you will get someone much faster. About an hour ago I didn't wait at all. Agent picked up immediately.
minhaoxue likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 5:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Silver, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by navydevildoc
If you are an elite, you should be calling the number in your alaska app (it's not the normal reservations number). As long as your phone number matches your elite MP profile, you will get someone much faster. About an hour ago I didn't wait at all. Agent picked up immediately.
MVPG, and the number is the same as the one I'm using.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.