Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

More mechanical delays than usual this year?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

More mechanical delays than usual this year?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2022, 11:36 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriot Platinum
My flights to/from LAS both had issues with the bathrooms. On the flight from SEA-LAS, we were delayed c.40 minutes on boarding because of an issue "with the bathroom in the back". Luckily made most of the time back and landed about on time. It was a 737-900 winglet I think. The plane had originated in ANC. Then on the way back the F Lav was out of order on the A320 that had just come from SEA (they didn't try to delay the flight to fix it in LAS as I'm assuming they don't have maintenance crews). I wouldn't normally worry to much about Lav issues, but when we were delayed while they fixed it in SEA I was worried about crew timing out. And given the incredibly full flights, options for re-booking weren't great.

I have to admit I also saw a LOT of super clogged toilets in Vegas. Just MOUNDS of toilet paper in some of them. It's like people have forgotten how to behave in public.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 12:06 pm

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by mtofell
I suppose the good news is it was too early to drink on a 730AM flight...... 930AM? Getting there!!
Stillllll sitting here at C11 at PDX waiting to push back. Been on the plane for 2.5 hours at the gate. All in preparation for a 6 hour flight over the Maui. I think I'm going to be having a double-vodka with my (now soggy I'm sure) omelet.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 12:22 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by mtofell
Stillllll sitting here at C11 at PDX waiting to push back. Been on the plane for 2.5 hours at the gate. All in preparation for a 6 hour flight over the Maui. I think I'm going to be having a double-vodka with my (now soggy I'm sure) omelet.
For what its worth Expert Flyer is showing your flight as a weather delay, expected to depart 3:05 late and arrive 2:46 late.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 12:28 pm

Programs: AS 75K

Originally Posted by jsguyrus
For what its worth Expert Flyer is showing your flight as a weather delay, expected to depart 3:05 late and arrive 2:46 late.
Lol.... well, we just pushed back and now have a maintenance issue and are back at the gate. Glad I could (eventually) conform to the thread title

Edit: Turns out Woodford goes well with eggs Mechanical issue delayed us another +/- hour. Landed about 4.5 hours late from original scheduled time. Got an email from Alaska with a $100 off code as we landed..... pretty nice really. When things go wrong I'm just glad it's nothing really bad. Apparently, the mechanical problem was an "error light". Glad they don't just put a piece of tape over it like I do with my truck
Bellerina likes this.

Last edited by mtofell; Apr 11, 2022 at 8:58 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.