Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

AS Moving to (Harvey Milk) Terminal 1 at SFO in 2024

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AS Moving to (Harvey Milk) Terminal 1 at SFO in 2024

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2022, 4:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by sltlyamusd
To be fair, I haven't been to the new Harvey Milk Terminal
I'm in T1 every week or two and I really dislike it from a frequent traveler perspective. Security (new baggage scanners) is super slow and the walk to the AA gates is the longest at SFO. It will be a little better when they open the North Lobby, as that will cut down on the backtracking that is currently required.

I agree that overall T2 is best for taxi time. T1 is a little closer for departure on the 1s, but farther for arrivals on the 28s.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 7:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG UA G Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
I wonder if this means JetBlue will move to T2.

-J.
Thats my thought B6 or WN will move to T2.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 8:18 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
Bummer. I actually like T2 best of all. T1 is kinda of longish in length and I like the concessions in T2 better. I wonder why Alaska is leaving T2?
Boraxo, sltlyamusd and ssk244 like this.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 10:00 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, DL PL
Flew into T1 last week on an AA transcon, parked at the gate at the end of the terminal… it took me soooooooo long to finally get out of the terminal, approximately 15 minutes…
Old Mar 24, 2022, 10:22 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This is all about United expanding to more gates and the airport accommodating their largest airline tenant. UA already started operations out of the D gates in the past year.
BearX220 and eddiehuang97 like this.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 10:46 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by lonelygod
Flew into T1 last week on an AA transcon, parked at the gate at the end of the terminal… it took me soooooooo long to finally get out of the terminal, approximately 15 minutes…
Yep. I dread that walk. It seems all my AA flights arrive/depart from the farthest possible gate. It was definitely a design fail by SFO not to close that loop.

At least UA T3 has the bouncy walkways.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 11:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K/AS 100K …Bonvoy Titanium..Hertz Presidents Club
So this kind of explains why they stopped construction on their original lounge in T2 and took over the AA lounge. T1 has 25 gates and AS has ~ 10 gate at T2. This will allow them to pick up a few more gates at T1. This is all, IMO, being close to the OW partners in T1 and International. I look forward to the move and their new lounge. Hope they start working on it now and have it open by the time they move.
jimmygottfredson likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 11:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K/AS 100K …Bonvoy Titanium..Hertz Presidents Club
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
I wonder if this means JetBlue will move to T2.

-J.
I don't think B6 will move. They coordinate with AA on their JFK flights and only have 3-4 gates now
Old Mar 25, 2022, 1:11 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by lonelygod
Originally Posted by Kacee
Yep. I dread that walk. It seems all my AA flights arrive/depart from the farthest possible gate. It was definitely a design fail by SFO not to close that loop.

At least UA T3 has the bouncy walkways.
They could really use some more moving walkways towards the beginning of pier. That, and hopefully reopening an exit near where the original one used to be once they're done with construction so that I can get out of the terminal more quickly on arrival.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 5:38 am

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Originally Posted by anhuang19
That is correct, the move to T1 will coincide with the opening of the North Ticketing Lobby as well as the airside connection between concourse B and C.

While you can walk from concourse A-G, its going to be a nice long hike that re-clearing security is probably the wiser move.
Yes, what is the shortest route between A and G? I take SK out of G regularly, and the international PP lounges are both in A.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by vanillabean
Yes, what is the shortest route between A and G?
Straight across the International departures lobby.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by vanillabean
Yes, what is the shortest route between A and G? I take SK out of G regularly, and the international PP lounges are both in A.
What PP lounge is there other than the AF/KL lounge?
Old Mar 25, 2022, 10:07 am

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
What PP lounge is there other than the AF/KL lounge?
I see now. The Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse operated by Plaza Premium Group looks for the Amex card.
anhuang19 likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 12:44 pm

Programs: AS 75k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
This is annoying. T1 is shiny and new but really poorly laid out and such a long walk to get from place to place. Also HATE the security at T1, even with Clear/Precheck. Gonna miss T2 after the switch is made
Boraxo, goldengate, Kacee and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by ssk244
This is annoying. T1 is shiny and new but really poorly laid out and such a long walk to get from place to place. Also HATE the security at T1, even with Clear/Precheck. Gonna miss T2 after the switch is made
At the end of the construction mess, I'd expect that we'll have Int'l A, B, and C gates for relatively easy access security. [I'd also expect the C gates to make a miraculous return to T1, notwithstanding their complete lack of move.]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.