Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

100k+ Miles gifted, need stopover planning help!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

100k+ Miles gifted, need stopover planning help!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2022, 4:30 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
A couple of questions:

1)Does it have to be available as a standard award on AS to combine with the partner award?

I'm hoping to find LAX-EWR to combine with my existing NRT-LAX on SQ but can't find standard awards (which are 25k I think?). I can only find 50k crummy connections combined with red-eyes or 70k nonstops.

2) Is it risky to try and modify the existing SQ award by trying to add the stopover? I just got through a headache where I added a domestic connection on JAL to a JAL SIN-HND award and lost the SIN-HND leg (got it back, but it was nervraking). That was a connection and not a stop over so maybe the stopover is less risky? Or does it require similar processing?

Thanks in advance!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.