Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Changing flight schedule

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2022, 9:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold
Originally Posted by 985X
Did you enter your AS# in the manage reservation passenger information page on AA?
Yes, several times and I was never able to select MCE without having to pay for it. The AA Rep said she saw the AS # in the reservation and that I couldn't select free MCE seats because it was a Basic Economy ticket. Fare class was showing as G on the AS site. Obviously something was messed up but I didn't have the patience to go back to AA about it. I can sort of understand AA not feeling like they needed to help me but the AS attitude was really disappointing, like it wasn't their fault. Even if it wasn't their fault they should have tried to clear it up because it is their ticket and their cancellation that caused me to have to fly AA.
Old Jan 22, 2022, 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by Eurynom0s
It also only posts immediately if you originally paid with a credit card. If you booked with wallet credit it'll get hung up in accounting review for a few days.
This is getting off-topic, but I do want to say that this is not my experience and that my flights booked entirely or partially with wallet credit will refund to wallet credit instantly (as long as I'm cancelling >24 hours after booking). Getting back on topic for this thread, the instant refund is a key part of why I'm able to always cancel-and-rebook rather than using the "change" flow.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2022, 10:45 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold
Originally Posted by joachimm
Yes, several times and I was never able to select MCE without having to pay for it. The AA Rep said she saw the AS # in the reservation and that I couldn't select free MCE seats because it was a Basic Economy ticket. Fare class was showing as G on the AS site. Obviously something was messed up but I didn't have the patience to go back to AA about it. I can sort of understand AA not feeling like they needed to help me but the AS attitude was really disappointing, like it wasn't their fault. Even if it wasn't their fault they should have tried to clear it up because it is their ticket and their cancellation that caused me to have to fly AA.
Got a 3 minute voicemail from AS this evening explaining everything, and offering several sincere apologies, which I really appreciate. And a $100 discount code which doesn't hurt. At the same time the explanation was just "we rebooked you into 'dead' American space which resulted in BE" and "we're talking to AA about why that happened and trying to make sure it doesn't happen in the future" and "rep could have handled it better" but not really confirming that there was anything that could have been done about it. I'm not sure why they couldn't have tried to rebook again, but maybe the exact same thing would have happened.

I get it, the AS-AA relationship and Oneworld participation are both new-ish and we're still pretty much in a pandemic and hey stuff happens. The personal phone followup was unexpected and a nice touch.
be_rettSEA likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.