Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Status extension through April 2022?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2022, 11:28 pm
Original Poster

Status extension through April 2022?

I noticed my elite status got zeroed out with the New Year, but I recalled—and found—an email from September 2021 stating:

Finally, if circumstances are such that you have not been able to requalify for your status by year end, we will maintain your 202.0 status through April 30, 202.2. This will give you added opportunity at the start of next year to maintain your status by flying a minimum number of miles Janua.ry through April.
Does anyone know if this changed, or should I just wait a few more days to let holiday season IT issues shake out?
Old Jan 4, 2022, 7:07 am

Programs: AA-Gold 0.425MM), AS MVP Gold, National EE, Marriott Titanium (LT-G), UA Silver
By "zeroed out", do you mean your EQM counter reset to 0, or you have no status whatsoever? My MVPG correctly rolled over into the new year, with an expiration date of 4/30, despite only qualifying for MVP during 2021.

If it's the latter, i'd recommend calling in, since your 2021 status should be valid through 4/30/22.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 10:13 am

Was matched status supposed to roll over, or just earned? My matched status did not.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, AS MVP, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by ucdtim17
Was matched status supposed to roll over, or just earned? My matched status did not.
our matched status did not rollover so I surmise the extension only applies to those who originally “earned” it. Pity.

Fortunately the free 75k upgrades for our January 1 flight to CUN cleared before the clock struck midnight
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 11:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PaceLaw2012
By "zeroed out", do you mean your EQM counter reset to 0, or you have no status whatsoever? My MVPG correctly rolled over into the new year, with an expiration date of 4/30, despite only qualifying for MVP during 2021.

If it's the latter, i'd recommend calling in, since your 2021 status should be valid through 4/30/22.
Both of the above. I guess I'll call in.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 12:24 pm

Programs: Alaska, AA, Marriott
Originally Posted by redct
Both of the above. I guess I'll call in.
Might give it a bit. I think they're still recovering.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 12:24 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by redct
I noticed my elite status got zeroed out with the New Year, but I recalled—and found—an email from September 2021 stating:

Does anyone know if this changed, or should I just wait a few more days to let holiday season IT issues shake out?
AS Twitter is saying that "In order to qualify for the status extension, elites had to be within reach of their current status and were given four months at the start of 2022 as a courtesy." If you were "too far away from reaching" that status that you had "you do not qualify for that status extension."

They definitely never said that in their emails to members, in any of their status extension notices, nor did any of the bloggers even point that out.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 12:43 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG,
Guess only: for some of us some sort of offer is coming to match our previous status. When DH called last night he was told our MVPG would be reinstated if we reach 10k on AS by April 1st. That is doable for us. So we are booking a little HI getaway in addition to the other flying we have to do.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 12:54 pm

Programs: AA-Gold 0.425MM), AS MVP Gold, National EE, Marriott Titanium (LT-G), UA Silver
Originally Posted by blackmamba
AS Twitter is saying that "In order to qualify for the status extension, elites had to be within reach of their current status and were given four months at the start of 2022 as a courtesy." If you were "too far away from reaching" that status that you had "you do not qualify for that status extension."

They definitely never said that in their emails to members, in any of their status extension notices, nor did any of the bloggers even point that out.
Concur - that doesn't track with any language I received in emails, or what's currently on their website.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
The offer as posted on the website:
https://www.alaskaair.com/content/deals/special-offers/status-boost?eml=EML-_QUL_20211210_QuickQual_20211210rimary_mvpgold75 _cta&launch_id=35366365&contact_id=1-AWKJR63&utm_campaign=20211210&utm_medium=Email&utm _source=ALASKA

Discussion of the offer when it went out is here:
Just Short of Elite - How to Keep Your Status
Old Jan 5, 2022, 1:12 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by ucdtim17
No matched, only earned, that's in the T&Cs.
eponymous_coward likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 1:35 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb., Marriott Gold, FB Plat, BAEC Silver
Same problem here. Had MVP status (not matched) but It's ended despite the information about the extension.

Try to solve it with the chat function but they can not do anything about it.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 5:59 pm

Programs: AS 100k, DL PM, New Sagaya
My extended MVPG is showing extended again to 4/30 and I only got on an AS plane in the last weeks of December. And with no business travel until April at the earliest (and even that is tenuous), I suspect no status here for me.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 5:07 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold (*G), IHG Platinum & Hyatt Discoverist
Data point from Australia.

Originally qualified for MVPG in 2019 (for the 2020 calendar year), which was then extended to 2021. No further extension on my account so back to base level in 2022.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.