Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

I Got/Didn't Get MVP/Gold/75K Upgrade on AS (2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I Got/Didn't Get MVP/Gold/75K Upgrade on AS (2022)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2022, 4:13 am

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, BA Gold, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by williwaw
Glad I applied the GGU... Surprised to see full FC and 6 on waitlist for red-eye from PDX-ORD tonight.
Between the upgrade processor issues and upgrades being tight in general, it definitely seems best to confirm in advance (GGU or otherwise), when possible.

My 75K status will lapse at the end of this month. I'm CK with AA so will buy AS F when needed and credit to AA.

Perhaps in a rare situation when the F cabin appears empty, I'd consider waitlisting an AA elite upgrade on AS, but the reports over in the AA forum regarding that process suggest that the typical AS upgrade IT issues remain a significant problem.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 10:34 am

Programs: Alaska 75k/One World Emerald
Originally Posted by lg20
I’m constantly surprised how many additional 75k and 100k members must be on the flight for there to be so many people ahead of me on the list. It will be interesting to see if there are changes after 4/30 when the status extension ends.
There will probably be some difference but I think we'll have to wait until next year for things to more or less normalize since the 2021 50 percent EQM bonus helped so many people reach higher status tiers for this year. On the other hand, there are a lot of travelers, such as myself, who didn't fly the first half of last year, so maybe it will be a wash.
I'm hoping I'll reach 100k this year so that no matter how things shake out, I'll be higher up on the upgrade list. I love my 75k status, but I"m not getting upgraded to F nearly as much as I'd like. So far I've only been upgraded to F for 20 percent of my AS flights this year (although I realize my chances would increase if I wasn't based in SEA0.
mpeterson78 likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 1:41 pm

Programs: Alaska, AA, Marriott
Date: 4/19/22
Route (Please bold if failure): AUS-SFO
Flight Number: 3380
Status (MVP, Gold. 75K, 100K): 75K
Fare Class: V
Time the upgrade cleared: Cleared 22 hours prior to flight. Was #1 on the waitlist when I checked in at T-24, when I picked a seat there were still 4 seats open in F on the seat map (didn't look at J#).

This one mattered. I had knee surgery Friday (cleared to fly by doc) but F vs Premium on the E175's makes a difference.
mpeterson78 and be_rettSEA like this.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 7:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by metallo
Between the upgrade processor issues and upgrades being tight in general, it definitely seems best to confirm in advance (GGU or otherwise), when possible.

My 75K status will lapse at the end of this month. I'm CK with AA so will buy AS F when needed and credit to AA.

Perhaps in a rare situation when the F cabin appears empty, I'd consider waitlisting an AA elite upgrade on AS, but the reports over in the AA forum regarding that process suggest that the typical AS upgrade IT issues remain a significant problem.
Upgrades are certainly being slow this week. I'm flying wednesday on a flight that's still showing J7 with PC nearly empty and still haven't been upgraded (75K). Mostly I just like to be able to pre-order food, but I suppose if F is empty it won't matter much.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 3:38 pm

Programs: AS Gold 75K and Delta PM, former AA EXP
Date: 4/20/222
Route (Please bold if failure): SFO-PSP
Flight Number: 3367
Status (MVP, Gold. 75K, 100K): 75K + Non-Status Companion
Fare Class: V
Time the upgrade cleared: Both of us cleared 23.5 hours prior to flight. Was #3 and #4 on the waitlist when I checked in at T-24, with 5 open on the seat map.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 10:17 am

AS 3305 LAX-SFO April 21

Date: April 21, 2022
Route (Please bold if failure): LAX-SFO
Flight Number: AS 3305
Status (MVP, Gold. 75K, 100K): 75K
Fare Class: G
Add companion, if there was one:
Time the upgrade cleared or position on waitlist if didn't clear:
Date of ticket purchase: March 5, 2022

Upgrade was cleared about 25 hours prior to departure.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 12:07 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Date: 4/21/222
Route (Please bold if failure): SEA-PIT
Flight Number: 412
Status (MVP, Gold. 75K, 100K): 75K + 75K companion
Fare Class: O
Time the upgrade cleared: Checked in T-24 hours, we were #1 and #2 out of 29. 5 FC seats were available at check in, was upgraded 5 minutes after check in.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 7:30 pm

Programs: UA HA AS
Date: 4/18/22
Route (Please bold if failure): HNL-SAN
Flight Number: 895
Status (MVP, Gold. 75K, 100K): MVP
Fare Class: Q
Time the upgrade cleared: Had to reach out to reservations within the T-48 to get them to process it
Old Apr 21, 2022, 8:02 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Originally Posted by waddy
Time the upgrade cleared: Had to reach out to reservations within the T-48 to get them to process it
I was somehow, mistakenly it would appear, under the impression that staff wasn’t able to manually override the automated upgrade system.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 8:26 pm

Programs: AS MVP
4/14/22 ONT-SEA AS 420 MVP Did not clear 11/13 wait list
4/19/22 SEA-ONT AS 924 MVP Cleared T-24
Old Apr 22, 2022, 8:08 am

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by vanillabean
I was somehow, mistakenly it would appear, under the impression that staff wasn’t able to manually override the automated upgrade system.
They're not supposed to, but they certainly can. The easiest way to get it done is to ask that the upgrade list be processed, as it seems to be hung up for whatever reason, not to ask that they upgrade you, specifically.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 2:30 pm

Programs: UA HA AS
Originally Posted by NoLaGent
They're not supposed to, but they certainly can. The easiest way to get it done is to ask that the upgrade list be processed, as it seems to be hung up for whatever reason, not to ask that they upgrade you, specifically.
I texted for help and the agent processed the upgrade with no issue. I did have to wait for over an hour to connect with someone. This was 5pm HST on a saturday.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 1:08 pm

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, AS 75k
I have been bad at updating the forum, but I am 15/15 this year as a 75k, which is awesome (but I have also not had companions yet). One interesting note. On my last two flights, I showed upon waitlist at T-24, but when I dropped my bag, I was not there, so I asked. The check-in agent said it was a new policy that will re-display the list at T-1. I went to the lounge to ask again, and the lady said nope, that was not true, and added me in manually. However, at T-1 i showed up on the WL, this time dead last (i was previously #1), so I went back to the lady who added me. Apparently she coded my status wrong, then fixed it. Boarded the plane and as I was on the jetbridge I saw I had been upgraded, so asked the FA to check and she said to go ahead and sit.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 11:39 am

Programs: 75K, HH Diamond
Date: 4/20/22
Route: SEA-LAS
Fare class: Q
Flight number: 688
Aircraft: 737-9MAX

Myself + companion, were # 1/2 on waitlist with 5 open seats at T-23 hours, 1 of us was upgraded on the jetway after being scanned for boarding (thanks awesome gate agent). Not sure why we both weren't, assuming usual IT BS or they only opened 1 seat at a time.

Date: 4/23/22
Route: SEA-LAS
Fare class: Q
Flight number: 612
Aircraft: 737-8

#1/2 on waitlist again, not upgraded and F went out full.

FYI Both flights were delayed an hour each way, we sat for an hour on the tarmac at SEA as we waited for pilots and we were delayed an hour before boarding as LAS for crew and pilots (plane was already there).
Old Apr 26, 2022, 12:46 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Date: 4/27/22
Route: SJC-OGG
Fare class: G
Flight number: 803
Aircraft: 737-800

Moved into premium at T-72 hours, then got my upgrade at T-23. At T-24, we were #2 and #3 on the waitlist with four open seats in F. Looks like they cleared all four of us at T-23 as the waitlist is now empty. Since losing 75k, upgrades to/from Hawaii have been hit or miss so I'm very happy to get this one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.