Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Flexible Travel Waiver for 12/22 - 1/16 Travel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flexible Travel Waiver for 12/22 - 1/16 Travel

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2021, 10:11 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Snow looks to be an issue at SEA tomorrow. AS generally does not handle snow well in Seattle so we'll see what happens.
sltlyamusd and Marschel like this.
Old Dec 25, 2021, 1:40 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro
Originally Posted by DLASflyer
AS generally does not handle snow well in Seattle so we'll see what happens.
Generally?! They absolutely suck at it in SEA and PDX. During the my entire time employed with AS, any type of snow event led to chaos. Unless the forecast is way off? This will be another winter fail.
Old Dec 26, 2021, 7:25 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Per FAA: “Due to AIRLINE REQUEST, there is a Traffic Management Program in effect for traffic arriving Seattle-Tacoma International Airport, Seattle, WA (SEA). This is causing some arriving flights to be delayed”

Doesn’t say which airline but I think I have an idea
Old Dec 26, 2021, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by DLASflyer
Per FAA: “Due to AIRLINE REQUEST, there is a Traffic Management Program in effect for traffic arriving Seattle-Tacoma International Airport, Seattle, WA (SEA). This is causing some arriving flights to be delayed”

Doesn’t say which airline but I think I have an idea

Guessing 3-4 inches overnight at SeAtac and is snowy this AM. We pushed our east coast trip until tomorrow (thanks free flexibility), but guessing we won't be able to make it to the airport for it.
Old Dec 26, 2021, 10:30 am

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
anteater likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2021, 10:53 am

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by NoLaGent
I would love to be in the AS Lounge N Concourse, enjoying the view of the tarmac in snow. 🎄🍹
Old Dec 26, 2021, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by anteater
I would love to be in the AS Lounge N Concourse, enjoying the view of the tarmac in snow. 🎄🍹
I would love for N847VA to be able to depart for SAN so that it can then fly up here (SFO) so that I can get to LAX later today, but that would be my 2nd favorite place to be right now!
aquanine likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2021, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
I'm surprised there aren't more SFO issues. A brief bout of hail hit the house earlier this morning.
anteater likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2021, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by StrandedinLA
Guessing 3-4 inches overnight at SeAtac and is snowy this AM. We pushed our east coast trip until tomorrow (thanks free flexibility), but guessing we won't be able to make it to the airport for it.
~6” at our house (Magnolia) and still coming down … I’m less concerned about our Tues 1135 flight to MKE than I am about getting out of our neighborhood tomorrow evening (we’re hoteling it rather than trying to negotiate with our son to take us in the morning)
Old Dec 26, 2021, 5:17 pm

Programs: MVPGold 75K
What a great operations Alaska is running when there is a weather issue

They should not put all the eggs in one basket
Old Dec 26, 2021, 6:30 pm

Programs: AS MVP
I checked yesterday to see if I could use the travel waiver to move from the 7:30PM departure SEA-BUR on 12/27 to something earlier.

Changes were available.

I decided to pull the trigger today (better to have an earlier departure cancel and have alternate flights tomorrow night than have a late flight cancel with few options) and now all the inventory is gone. Can't change to a co-terminal with the waiver. Presumably people who couldn't get to SeaTac to travel today and/or had their flights cancelled have rebooked into the open space.
Old Dec 26, 2021, 6:49 pm

First class check-in line @ SFO at 530p.

I'm not in it, headed to Clear, but can you imagine what economy must look like?

aquanine and mildfrequence like this.
Old Dec 26, 2021, 7:26 pm

Programs: MVP100K, A-list, Marriott/IHG Plat, CHP525 Ticket Plat, CHP Solo Carpool 100K, Costco EXP, Tinder 1K

I'm not in it, headed to Clear, but can you imagine what economy must look like?

I'm flying tmr on separate tickets, TK arriving 430pm then last AS flight down to LAX at 9pm. Luckily AS aircraft has already left SEA, hopefully the first class line won't be that long when I reach SFO..
Old Dec 26, 2021, 7:33 pm

^ can't you just use the kiosks and self-print? I would never wait in that line...bag drop had a 30 second wait, the line for that feeds from the kiosks.

985X
985X and mildfrequence like this.
Old Dec 26, 2021, 8:11 pm

Programs: Yes

I wonder what the breakdown of pax is: AS elites / OW elites, paid / UG.

Every time I have passed by this checkin, I only see one AS rep handling the FC queue and it is common to see it 5-10 pax deep. I always thought AS should have another agent available to help during high demand times.

I wonder if all of those pax need services that can’t be obtained from the self service kiosks.
Marschel and be_rettSEA like this.

Last edited by anteater; Dec 26, 2021 at 8:37 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.