Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Corporate Status Challenge: 0 to 75K for $1768

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Corporate Status Challenge: 0 to 75K for $1768

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2021, 4:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska, AA, Marriott
Smile Corporate Status Challenge: 0 to 75K for $1768

I expect to be flying more next year, and my company has a corporate status challenge where they'll give you MVP immediately, then you can fly 2/4/10 round trips within 90 days to keep MVP/Gold/75K, respectively. I have Gold on American, and have previously been Exec Plat. Hawaii is in the cards for next year as an outlier, as is Alaska proper. International isn't out of the question.

I was able to jump on the fare sale and book ten AUS-LAX round trips for $176.80 each. I leave early in the morning and return late in the evening. I picked up one a week during the 90 day period... and have access to the Alaska Boardroom as well as a corporate office 15 min or so (Uber) from the airport (which is probably what I'll do). Being able to buy them on the UltimateRewards portal for 5x UR points wasn't bad, either.

I'll be MVP from flight 1, then earn Gold after flight 4 for the final 6 flights. Hopefully that improves my upgrade chances, but at least it'll get me more legroom. All in all, I think "buying" 75K and the benefits that come with it for under $2,000 is well worth it - I'll definitely use the companion upgrades and premier seating (much less the random first class upgrade). Aside from 75K, I also earn 44,696 AS miles and 8,840 UR points for it all... thoughts?
TravelingZoomer likes this.

Last edited by thatmikereed; Oct 1, 2021 at 4:11 pm
Old Oct 1, 2021, 4:14 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Originally Posted by thatmikereed
I expect to be flying more next year, and my company has a corporate status challenge where they'll give you MVP immediately, then you can fly 2/4/10 round trips within 90 days to keep MVP/Gold/75K, respectively. I have Gold on American, and have previously been Exec Plat. Hawaii is in the cards for next year as an outlier, as is Alaska proper. International isn't out of the question.

I was able to jump on the fare sale and book ten AUS-LAX round trips for $176.80 each. I leave early in the morning and return late in the evening. I picked up one a week during the 90 day period... and have access to the Alaska Boardroom as well as a corporate office 15 min or so (Uber) from the airport (which is probably what I'll do). Being able to buy them on the UltimateRewards portal for 5x UR points wasn't bad, either.

I'll be MVP from flight 1, then earn Gold after flight 4 for the final 6 flights. Hopefully that improves my upgrade chances, but at least it'll get me more legroom. All in all, I think "buying" 75K and the benefits that come with it for under $2,000 is well worth it - I'll definitely use the companion upgrades and premier seating (much less the random first class upgrade). Aside from 75K, I also earn 44,696 AS miles and 8,840 UR points for it all... thoughts?
Back of napkin math says you’ll net just under 80k RDM, which at a conservative 1.5cpm is already a 1200$ rebate
Old Oct 1, 2021, 4:15 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Diamond
When is the status good through? End of 2022?
Old Oct 1, 2021, 4:15 pm

Programs: Yes
There were some LAX fares on that sale for $39 OW, $78 RT main cabin.. could have accomplished the 10 RTs for $780!

🙃🤙🏻
Boraxo likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2021, 4:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Eurynom0s
When is the status good through? End of 2022?
Yep.

Originally Posted by anteater
There were some LAX fares on that sale for $39 OW, $78 RT main cabin.. could have accomplished the 10 RTs for $780!

🙃🤙🏻
Those were Saver fares. Those are specifically excluded in the status challenge. Would have been nice if those worked, but no (X) allowed.
Old Oct 1, 2021, 4:25 pm

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by thatmikereed
Yep.

Those were Saver fares. Those are specifically excluded in the status challenge. Would have been nice if those worked, but no (X) allowed.
Incorrect. For example, LAX SJC was main cabin (no Saver fares sold on that route).

Even now, many days with $49 OW $98 RT, if you want to save some clams!

🤙🏻
tobikosan and chrisl137 like this.

Last edited by anteater; Oct 1, 2021 at 4:31 pm
Old Oct 1, 2021, 11:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
As much as I don't like matching to 75K; think this is a great opportunity. Have fun!
PaperGlider and be_rettSEA like this.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 9:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by anteater
Incorrect. For example, LAX SJC was main cabin (no Saver fares sold on that route).

Even now, many days with $49 OW $98 RT, if you want to save some clams!

🤙🏻
Ah, yeah, with my schedule/needs, I needed AUS-based trips and to keep my workday open and available (voice calls/webinars). Getting to LAX/SJC and doing back and forth runs wouldn't work for me.. gotta be able to get somewhere, work, come home (and don't want to be at the mercy of the noise in a club).
anteater likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 11:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TravelingZoomer
Back of napkin math says you’ll net just under 80k RDM, which at a conservative 1.5cpm is already a 1200$ rebate
I can't get to that number. What am I doing wrong? I show earnings of 44.6K miles (I don't get the extra RDM for 75K, specifically disallowed by the promo).

Round trip = 2483 miles per gcmap
First four trips @ MVP w/50% bonus = 3725 miles each
Next six trips @ MVP Gold w/100% bonus = 4966 miles each
Total: 44696 RDM

Aside from gaining status, that's a cost of about $.04/mile, or a "rebate" of $670.44, depending on perspective.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.