Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

*really* long time for BA flights to post to AS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2021, 12:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold

I flew AA/BA SFO-DFW-LHR-BLR on Aug 27-28 and BA BLR-LHR-BOS on Sep 5 in paid I fare. This should earn me 150% EQM (~27k) and 250% RDM (~45K). None of these flights have posted. I sent in a missing miles credit last week but had no response, and then called support today. Support said that it could take 4-6 weeks for the flights to process due to their contract with BA.

Has anyone had this experience before and is there a way to resolve it faster than 4-6 weeks? I should be getting MVP status as a result of the flights and would like to use it on flights in October, but it seems that is impossible now.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Watching… I am about to fly BA and the flights will get me over the MVPG threshold. Was counting on using that status on the next trip about a month later for P.C. upgrades and F upgrade chances.

And what happens to RDMs earned on flights earned after the elite-qualifying flight if the status upgrade is delayed? Will they automagically retro-post the additional elite bonus or will customers have to beg for it?
Old Sep 18, 2021, 11:25 am

Programs: AS MVPG100, Hyatt Globalist, MGM Gold, Caesars Diamond
Flew BA AMS-LHR-LAX on paid I sept 1 and nothing so far. Followed up same as you. This was the first half of a round trip and the agent said it would not post until the trip is complete. Is this true?
Old Sep 18, 2021, 2:56 pm

Programs: UA Gold = nothing, UA Million Miler; Alaska MVP Gold 100K
Basically the same, flew on August 27/28 JFK/LHR/ZRH - nothing has posted. Sent an email to AS Mileage Plan with the ticket number and documents - will take 4 to 6 weeks. Ouch.
Old Sep 26, 2021, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
So, looks like I am seeing the same problem with my flight. Nine days and nothing has posted, not even the AS metal BA codeshare flight. :/

The return trip (also BA + AS mix) will be in a few days. If the miles had posted before the return trip, I would have been Gold and eligible for extra status bonus miles. So what is AS’ policy regarding retroactively adding the bonus once they (and BA) get around to posting the delayed miles?
Old Sep 26, 2021, 10:09 am

Unfortunately, I've had this experience in the past, though not with BA but with KE. I'm assuming the dynamics are similar. For one of my KE flights, I had to ultimately email my paper KE boarding pass ticket and AS manually entered it. While a few had taken 10 - 14 days to post, I had a couple which required the aforementioned manual credit.

The good news is once you email the ticket, the manual credit appears immediately, if I recall.
Old Sep 26, 2021, 11:07 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K
I purchased tickets thru AA (using credits) and flew:

8/14
FCO - MAD on IB (no credit)

8/15
MAD - LHR on IB (no credit)
LHR - SEA on BA (no credit)

I verified that my AS number was on each of the flights through the AA site before departure, and for the BA flight I verified it with the staff at the LHR Lounge. AS number was listed on each of the boarding passes, and I was "upgraded" on IB flights to IB+, and to Business on BA. (75K upgrade cert) Currently at 42/43 days with ZERO credit.
tobikosan likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

let's check from another angle: has anyone had BA flights post reasonably fast? If so were they purely BA booked as BA tix or codeshares or ..?
Old Sep 28, 2021, 5:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Long-awaited update: Miles posted today (09/28) for DFW-LHR-BLR-LHR-BOS, 32 days since I flew the first flight and 23 days since I flew the last one. My AA SFO-DFW leg hasn't posted and customer support says it may take until mid-October to come in, so I guess I'll be waiting a while on MVP Gold.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 6:05 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100, Hyatt Globalist, MGM Gold, Caesars Diamond
Originally Posted by JetAirways77W
Long-awaited update: Miles posted today (09/28) for DFW-LHR-BLR-LHR-BOS, 32 days since I flew the first flight and 23 days since I flew the last one. My AA SFO-DFW leg hasn't posted and customer support says it may take until mid-October to come in, so I guess I'll be waiting a while on MVP Gold.
My Sept 1 BA ,AMS-LHR-LAX posted today!! Side note my AA, LAX-MIA-BOG posted in couple days
Old Sep 29, 2021, 3:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by azepine00
let's check from another angle: has anyone had BA flights post reasonably fast? If so were they purely BA booked as BA tix or codeshares or ..?
Seems like they are catching up.

9/18 SEA-LHR on BA posted today. The US domestic feeder flight to SEA operated by AS and marketed by BA on 9/18 is still missing. Same ticket.
Old Sep 29, 2021, 4:38 am

Programs: UA Gold = nothing, UA Million Miler; Alaska MVP Gold 100K
Still waiting….8/28 flight JFK/LHR/ZRH to post.
Sent customer care all the documentation.
Old Sep 29, 2021, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FragranceMarketingGuy
Still waiting….8/28 flight JFK/LHR/ZRH to post.
Sent customer care all the documentation.
i didn’t send anything for my flights that just posted (one is still missing, so … yet). Perhaps they fixed the system recently and now need to manually retro-credit those trips that fell between the cracks.
Old Sep 29, 2021, 2:42 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by JetAirways77W
What would happen if you had done this itinerary at the end of the year and it didn't post until the following year? Would they go back and add it to your 2021 total to give you MVPG once it posted in 2022?
Old Sep 29, 2021, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Eurynom0s
What would happen if you had done this itinerary at the end of the year and it didn't post until the following year? Would they go back and add it to your 2021 total to give you MVPG once it posted in 2022?
Mine posted with the original travel date, just nearly two weeks after the flights. I don’t think it is unusual that year-end partner travel posts after 12/31. I think it is the reason why many airlines have status years that end on 1/31, so people who requalify at the end of the year don’t temporarily lose their status due to late posting.

So to answer your question, I would fully expect AS to credit the EQM to the year in which they were flown and adjust status accordingly, either automatically or manually.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.