FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan-442/)
-   -   AS Extends Elite Status Through April 30, 2022 (Dec. 2022 for Canadians) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan/2052683-extends-elite-status-through-april-30-2022-dec-2022-canadians.html)

Eurynom0s Oct 4, 2021 11:10 am

I have a Bank of America Travel Rewards card that I'm considering product changing to the Alaska Visa so I can hit the spend for EQM promo. Does anyone know if, once the PC is approved, does spend on the card immediately count as Alaska Visa spend or does it take a couple of weeks for the PC to finalize first? I remember BoA being a little slow when I PCed this card in the other direction (Alaska Visa to Travel Rewards), but I can't remember if it was just slow on refunding the AF or slow on the overall conversion process since I wasn't spending any money on the card. Trying to figure this out before putting in for the PC and getting hit with the AF because it's not worth it if I'm going to have to wait 2-3 weeks before charges on the card start counting toward the EQM promo.

sgan317 Oct 4, 2021 11:50 am

Originally Posted by Waitlisted (Post 33616985)
Is the credit card bonus only targeted? I thought it was for everyone and just switched about 20k of charges to the BofA Alaska card. I didn’t get the email, but don’t get most of Alaska’s email.

Its targeted. I have confirmed with AS and all the major blogs update their posts to reflect it, after getting called out. Criteria appears to have been anyone with status & an Alaska credit card.

normcpa Oct 4, 2021 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by sgan317 (Post 33618326)
Its targeted. I have confirmed with AS and all the major blogs update their posts to reflect it, after getting called out. Criteria appears to have been anyone with status & an Alaska credit card.

Just got off the phone with Alaska Customer Service. The agent confirmed that receipt of an e-mail or not is irrelevant. I told her I didn't receive an e-mail. She said my wife and I are both eligible for the EQMs from credit card charges since we are both elites and both have Alaska Visa cards.

Thus the criteria as posted above are correct. It is available (regardless of e-mail) if you have status and an Alaskan Visa card. I suppose in that respect it is "targeted."

Eurynom0s Oct 4, 2021 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by normcpa (Post 33619023)
Just got off the phone with Alaska Customer Service. The agent confirmed that receipt of an e-mail or not is irrelevant. I told her I didn't receive an e-mail. She said my wife and I are both eligible for the EQMs from credit card charges since we are both elites and both have Alaska Visa cards.

Thus the criteria as posted above are correct. It is available (regardless of e-mail) if you have status and an Alaskan Visa card. I suppose in that respect it is "targeted."

Do you have to have had an Alaska Visa card when the offer was announced, or could you apply for/product change to one now and and still be eligible?

NoLaGent Oct 4, 2021 5:38 pm

^ I was going to play the Powerball for $2 tonight for fun, but instead I'm betting $5million the previous poster didn't ask that question....

,'-)

Eurynom0s Oct 4, 2021 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by NoLaGent (Post 33619294)
^ I was going to play the Powerball for $2 tonight for fun, but instead I'm betting $5million the previous poster didn't ask that question....

,'-)

The bolded isn't the same question I asked. Of course you wouldn't have gotten an email about this if you didn't have the card when they announced the offer.

NoLaGent Oct 4, 2021 6:32 pm

The bet stands. And my partner got a pball, so I'm covered.

Boraxo Oct 4, 2021 8:59 pm

Is there a thread that estimates the value of the various elite status levels?

be_rettSEA Oct 5, 2021 8:02 am

Originally Posted by Boraxo (Post 33619645)
Is there a thread that estimates the value of the various elite status levels?

Not a FT thread, but The Points Guy has done some valuation (though am sure folks here have varying opinions on that valuation).

soartoday Oct 6, 2021 9:34 am

Originally Posted by normcpa (Post 33619023)

Has anyone been able to obtain this in writing?

sgan317 Oct 6, 2021 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by soartoday (Post 33623548)
Has anyone been able to obtain this in writing?

Yes, they finally sent it to me today in writing.
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...de3dc7e970.png

normcpa Oct 6, 2021 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by sgan317 (Post 33624253)

Very fine work! :)

Eurynom0s Oct 6, 2021 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by sgan317 (Post 33624253)

Thank you for posting this, saves me from spending the $75 on the AF to product change my Travel Rewards back to an Alaska Visa and then dumping a bunch of spend onto the card for no reason.

RedPanda5 Oct 6, 2021 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by Eurynom0s (Post 33624389)
Thank you for posting this, saves me from spending the $75 on the AF to product change my Travel Rewards back to an Alaska Visa and then dumping a bunch of spend onto the card for no reason.

earlier this year I tried to PC back bc I wanted a companion pass, was told it wasn't possible...

deedszilla Oct 10, 2021 8:30 am

Originally Posted by geclub1 (Post 33598260)
Are there any reports that people have received the CC-based EQM yet?

Curious about this as well. I have an AS biz card where statement just closed today and redeemable miles have already credited, but no EQM. Unsure if this is because it was a biz card (they supposedly posted for biz cards last year), or that they simply take a while to post. I have a personal card as well, that statement will close on the 12th, so we'll see how that compares.