Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

AS Extends Elite Status Through April 30, 2022 (Dec. 2022 for Canadians)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2021, 1:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Canadians get special status extension for 2022

Special

Andrew Harrison, CCO Fall update: Your elite status will extend into 2022

Hi, keitherson,

I will admit that fall is my favorite time of year. In the Pacific Northwest, the sun still comes out to greet us (well, most of the time), the air feels fresh in the mornings and the leaves start to change color. It’s a time when kids start a new school year and for many of us, we start to set 2022 goals for our businesses. Indeed, life has been very different and challenging for all of us, yet there are still many reasons to be optimistic about the future.

As it relates to future travel, we recognize that normal travel habits have been significantly disrupted by this pandemic and there have been very few opportunities for our Canadian elites, like you, to achieve elite status over the last year. The good news? We’ll extend your elite status to December 31, 2022. Look for that to be reflected by the end of the year.

In the meantime, there is a lot to look forward to in 2022 with Alaska’s Mileage Plan™ becoming even more rewarding:

NEW REDEMPTION OPTIONS: Now, as part of the oneworld® Alliance, we’ve unlocked a world of travel possibilities to 1,000+ worldwide destinations. Redeem Alaska miles for award travel on our newest redemption partner, Qatar Airways, and treat yourself to the best long-haul business class cabin in the sky: the Qsuite.

NEW SFO LOUNGE: At more than 9,000 square feet, our newest Alaska Lounge is centrally located in SFO’s Terminal 2. On top of all the signature amenities our guests love, new signature features include an SF-inspired sourdough cart, with savory spreads to snack on. Plus, the candy wall has two iconic confectionaries: Ghirardelli and Jelly Belly.

NEW ROUTES: With over 40 new routes, there’s a lot to look forward to, especially as we start flying to Belize in November.

UPGRADED FOOD: Fresh fare is back in the air. We’ve expanded our First Class and Main Cabin meals, snacks and drinks, offering the most comprehensive onboard food and beverage program of any U.S. airlines. Leverage our pre-order option to select meals and snacks before you fly, and store payment for convenient contact-less onboard purchases. We’re also offering a full selection of beverages available in all cabins and on most flights.

Most importantly, your safety and the safety of our employees always comes first, and we want you to feel great about booking a flight with us. We continue our commitment to Next-Level Care and maintaining the highest standard of safety throughout your travels.

Thank you for choosing to fly with us and being a member of the Alaska family.
Andrew Harrison Chief Commercial Officer
Alaska Airlines
davistev and shuttlerider like this.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 1:50 pm

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, AS 75k

Just received an e-mail

As it relates to future travel, we recognize that normal travel habits have been significantly disrupted by this pandemic and you may have concerns about not being able to enjoy the status you once had when your schedule begins to pick back up. We are committed to helping you get back to your status and are pleased to announce we are offering ‘boosts’ to help you get there.
• Our Fast Track to Status promotion has just been extended to the end of the year. Fly now through Decem.ber 31, 20.21 and earn 50% more elite-qualifying miles*. No registration necessary—so book and get a boost to your EQMs.
• Using your Alaska Airlines Visa® card, you will now earn up to 20,000 elite-qualifying miles. For every $2,500 you spend on purchases with your credit card, you will earn 2,500 elite-qualifying miles (EQMs) up to 20,000 EQMs**. Valid on purchases starting Septem.ber 16, through Novem.ber 15, 202.1.
• Finally, if circumstances are such that you have not been able to requalify for your status by year end, we will maintain your 202.0 status through April 30, 202.2. This will give you added opportunity at the start of next year to maintain your status by flying a minimum number of miles January through April. More information to come on that.

This seems like a good balance.
be_rettSEA and nickohrn like this.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 1:55 pm

Does the Alaska Business Credit Card Spend Count?
dgreen12 and laxflyer14 like this.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 1:57 pm

I'm curious why some people have gotten the credit card language and some haven't. Friends of mine have it in their email and I don't even though everyone has the same Alaska Visa.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by tomtaylor23
Does the Alaska Business Credit Card Spend Count?
Last year when they ran this promo Alaska business card spend counted and I got 2.5k eqm for my 5k spend
samosa likes this.

Last edited by AndyKehn; Sep 28, 2021 at 10:07 am
Old Sep 16, 2021, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by AndyKehn
Last year when they ran this promo Alaska business card spend counted and I got 5k eqm for my 5k spend
Thanks in the email I got, it didn't say anything about credit card spend, so just wondering If I qualify.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 2:15 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by samosa
Just received an e-mail
…• Finally, if circumstances are such that you have not been able to requalify for your status by year end, we will maintain your 202.0 status through April 30, 202.2. This will give you added opportunity at the start of next year to maintain your status by flying a minimum number of miles January through April. More information to come on that.

This seems like a good balance.
Unless you are Canadian. Then your status is extended until Dec. 31, 2021. This annoys me. I flew a ton this year, all leisure, all my own dime, to earn status for next year and they just give it away to everyone. Why did I bother?
Xrayman and MileageMule like this.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nickohrn
I'm curious why some people have gotten the credit card language and some haven't. Friends of mine have it in their email and I don't even though everyone has the same Alaska Visa.
I didn't get the email until about 45 minutes ago.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 2:19 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Finkface
Why did I bother?
Only you can answer that😀
Erasmus, Boraxo, jjmadison and 7 others like this.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 2:23 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
No credit card language in my email (I currently have the MBNA MasterCard; have to wait another year to apply again for BoA), so that’s a bummer. I’m 2k EQM away from MVPG, so looks like a short trip down to SFO is in my future.

Edit: Just saw the note about extension through end of 2022 for Canadians. Alaska IT probably thinks I still live in the US...

Last edited by zebes; Sep 16, 2021 at 2:59 pm
Old Sep 16, 2021, 2:24 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Although the cc spend is limited to 20,000 eqm and only two months in duration, I hope this doesn’t become a regular thing. This will lead to a flood of new elites who may barely fly on Alaska.
samosa likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 2:29 pm

Programs: AS
Received email 12:58.
Mine also includes information about new Gold 100k coming end of January 2022.
Link to AS site with Tiers and their new benefits.
100k gets not as much as some had hoped.
150% bonus miles, 4 lounge passes, drink and snack on flights, early upgrade window and more.
Looking up more now. AS does say …..more to come for 100k elites.

Last edited by pcoll; Sep 16, 2021 at 2:36 pm
Old Sep 16, 2021, 2:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Unless you are Canadian. Then your status is extended until Dec. 31, 2021. This annoys me. I flew a ton this year, all leisure, all my own dime, to earn status for next year and they just give it away to everyone. Why did I bother?
Confirmed. Canadians got extended to Dec 2022 and communications via email. Screenshot in my blog post.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 2:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Yup. And unlike DL, AS will NOT rollover your existing EQMs. So it was a waste to fly AS.
Finkface likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 3:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, AS MVPG
My email didn't say anything about the credit card bonus, but I don't have the card now. Are there any T&Cs specifying whether you have to have had the Alaska card already, or could I apply for it now to take advantage of this offer?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.