Community
Wiki Posts
Search

In-Flight Wi-Fi Pricing?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2022, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by scklumb
I just had the same problem. Chatted with Gogo agent. She gave me a promo code for a flight pass. A little tip…. When selecting “Buy” to enter in promo code select “2 device”. The promo code they give you works on 2 device. Now me and my partner both have Wi-Fi on this flight.
Good to know! I'll have to try that.

Originally Posted by scklumb
When logging in and shows zero passes. If you go to “buy” a pass after logging in. It then showed all my passes that I could redeem.
I will try that on my next flight. Hopefully that works!

-J.
Old Aug 30, 2023, 8:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Interesting data points for subscriptions:

Buy at wifionboard (directly): $50 for 30 days (was having trouble buying this subscription while on the ground prior to flight #1...actually worked out well I could not purchase - see below).

During my first of many AS flights over a 30-day period: saw in-flight pricing of $40 for 30 days, $10 lower, purchased with no issues through wifionboard but via AS.

On the next few flights, all of them had stared $50 over 30 days on the inflight purchase page

Have already used the 30-day subscription on 6 flights, so have already "received" the full value (assuming paying $8 per flight individually). Have lots more flights scheduled over the next 25 days.
Old Aug 30, 2023, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Thanks for bringing this post back up. It's about time I start thinking about this again.

September: I have four flights - 4 x $8 = $32

Oct/Nov (<30-day period): eight flights (7 mainline, 1 Horizon) - 8 x $8 = $64. So here I should get the pass.

Based on your data the price won't be greater than $50 for 30 days. Think I will wait until my flight in October and hope that it's at $40 onboard.

-J.
Repooc17 likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2023, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GW McLintock
Thanks for bringing this post back up. It's about time I start thinking about this again.

September: I have four flights - 4 x $8 = $32

Oct/Nov (<30-day period): eight flights (7 mainline, 1 Horizon) - 8 x $8 = $64. So here I should get the pass.

Based on your data the price won't be greater than $50 for 30 days. Think I will wait until my flight in October and hope that it's at $40 onboard.

-J.
And if you pay onboard with your AS credit card you get 20% back.
GW McLintock likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2023, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by chrisl137
And if you pay onboard with your AS credit card you get 20% back.
Totally forgot about that -- this will be my first (I think?) time flying AS since getting their credit card.

-J.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.