Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

[Speculation] Is There a New Four-Drink Limit on AS Flights (August 2021)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Speculation] Is There a New Four-Drink Limit on AS Flights (August 2021)?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2021, 6:48 pm

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
way to take the hint and put the FA in an awkward spot.
That’s speculation, as the flight could have been out of those beverages.

On a recent transcon, the FAs were willing to give out 12 singles, but were observant after the 6th.

On a previous 2 hour flight, I could only obtain 3 drinks (double and a single) before being cutoff (morning flight and the FA didn’t expect someone to drink that much).

What I do know is that AS has enabled their flight crews to be more proactive in preventing overserving due to ongoing inflight issues caused by passengers; however, FAs have discretion when it comes to distribution.

If you’re polite and responsible you shouldn’t have an issue with obtaining a beverage. Though, remember the flight crew is always right.

Last edited by anteater; Aug 16, 2021 at 7:06 pm
Old Aug 16, 2021, 9:30 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Interesting how airlines differ right now on this, yet all seem to be having inflight passenger blow ups. Southwest and American aren’t serving any alcohol in coach. United only on longer flights. Delta is back to full alcohol service in all cabins.
Old Aug 17, 2021, 6:22 am

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by Brianblanco
Does anyone really need more than 4 drinks on a flight?
FlyerTalk would be so much more interesting if it were about needs

Originally Posted by anteater
If you’re polite and responsible you shouldn’t have an issue with obtaining a beverage. Though, remember the flight crew is always right.
Sums it up well
anteater likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2021, 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by Brianblanco
Does anyone really need more than 4 drinks on a flight?
"They always speak of my drinking, but never of my thirst." Scottish aphorism.
Old Mar 14, 2023, 12:06 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
I thought I remembered this thread! On HNL-PDX right now and this rule is being enforced across the F cabin, citing “FAA regulations”. FA seems fairly new and everyone is well behaved from what I can tell. This is the first I’ve ever seen the “limit” enforced. Some people are understandably confused…
Old Mar 14, 2023, 12:08 am

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by RAD_PDX;[url=tel:35085808
35085808]I thought I remembered this thread! On HNL-PDX right now and this rule is being enforced across the F cabin, citing “FAA regulations”. FA seems fairly new and everyone is well behaved from what I can tell. This is the first I’ve ever seen the “limit” enforced. Some people are understandably confused…
While FAs do have the final say.. This is not the way. Please fill out an Alaska Listens survey post-flight. 🤙🏻🍹

Last edited by anteater; Mar 14, 2023 at 12:29 am
Old Mar 14, 2023, 12:23 am

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
On HNL-PDX right now and this rule is being enforced across the F cabin...
To contrast this I saw a passenger across the aisle on a flight out of OGG the other day proactively get served two doubles within an hour of the flight. I didn't hear of any limit being communicated.
anteater likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2023, 12:35 am

Programs: Alaska MVPG, Delta PM, AA EXP, Wannabe SkyWest 1K
I'm wondering if Ben's beancounters are trying to save on liquor costs. I usually don't have more than 2-3 drinks on a transcon, but when ordering wine in those little dixie cups they use now, 2 drinks is more like 2 sips.

I don't care about the rule but rather the lying. As safety professionals, FAs should tell the truth, even if Sara Nelson has a problem with that. I can't think of a profession where people lie so much, reduces the trust you have in them.
Old Mar 14, 2023, 12:46 am

Programs: Alaska, United, Hawaiian, Delta (canceled)
This will encourage people to bring their own and leave the empties in the seat back.
Old Mar 14, 2023, 1:41 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by anteater
While FAs do have the final say.. This is not the way. Please fill out an Alaska Listens survey post-flight. 🤙🏻🍹
I definitely will, this has been a standout as the worst FA I’ve ever had on Alaska. I’m not interested in miles/a voucher, or even an apology. I’d like an assurance that this individual will receive remedial training or a reassignment. They have had their name hidden now for a while, but fortunately, I caught it early. There’s a senior FA in Y who has come around a few times and she is great. It’s unfortunate that she was back there.
Old Mar 14, 2023, 2:04 am

Programs: UA HA AS
In premium class the other day on HNL-PDX they were counting how many of the premixed cocktails I was served. I only had 2 and didn’t try to order a 3rd so no data on what would of happened.
Old Mar 14, 2023, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
I definitely will, this has been a standout as the worst FA I’ve ever had on Alaska. I’m not interested in miles/a voucher, or even an apology. I’d like an assurance that this individual will receive remedial training or a reassignment. They have had their name hidden now for a while, but fortunately, I caught it early. There’s a senior FA in Y who has come around a few times and she is great. It’s unfortunate that she was back there.
The new FA class seems horrible. Since they graduated in February many flights in F with them have been disasters. Making up rules, not heating up food, generally entitled and providing bad service. Senior FA pick to be in Y since it’s less work more pay.
PotomacApproach likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.