Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

AS Expands First and Coach Meals, Snacks and Drinks (7/30/2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AS Expands First and Coach Meals, Snacks and Drinks (7/30/2021)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2021, 9:57 am

Programs: I need to do better in managing my affiliations. Oops, I overshot the runway for status next year.
Originally Posted by NoLaGent
Hmmmmm. Maybe AS Flyer can chime in on this, as the press release says 400 miles for F beverages now, but the website still says 350. However, AS Flyer posted recently that a full beverage service will now be standard in F when a water service is done in Y. I'm most impacted by SFO-LAX on this one, but I'm sure there are quite a few others.

So which is it, I wonder?
I am hoping the threshold for beverage service changes to > 336 miles.

sfo-lax is counted as only 337 miles

(though your BIS miles are significantly longer).
Old Jul 31, 2021, 10:09 am

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by PaperGlider
I am hoping the threshold for beverage service changes to > 336 miles.

sfo-lax is counted as only 337 miles

(though your BIS miles are significantly longer).
Even at 337, this was never an issue pre-covid, and included the snack basket. It only changed post-covid, and has been haphazardly enforced. I've had bottled water only, full beverage service and full beverage service with snack basket on this route, all within the same week.
Old Jul 31, 2021, 10:24 am

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Any chance of a refreshing Aperol Spritz to go with my heated chocolate chip cookie on a soon to depart transcon flight?
Old Jul 31, 2021, 10:48 am

Programs: I need to do better in managing my affiliations. Oops, I overshot the runway for status next year.
Originally Posted by NoLaGent
Even at 337, this was never an issue pre-covid, and included the snack basket. It only changed post-covid, and has been haphazardly enforced. I've had bottled water only, full beverage service and full beverage service with snack basket on this route, all within the same week.
I want it consistently full-service.

(ps, I am also testing my new signature line)
Eastbay1K and NoLaGent like this.
Old Jul 31, 2021, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by vanillabean
Any chance of a refreshing Aperol Spritz to go with my heated chocolate chip cookie on a soon to depart transcon flight?
(I can hear Florence Jean Castleberry telling you "When Donkeys Fly.")
Old Jul 31, 2021, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by PaperGlider
I want it consistently full-service.

(ps, I am also testing my new signature line)
I think it will be awhile before we get consistency on these short haul flights...for some reason, beverages and snack baskets have been available on flights with no scheduled service but if they are loaded, some FA choose to serve and some choose to follow the service standard and offer service.
Old Jul 31, 2021, 11:30 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
I think it will be awhile before we get consistency on these short haul flights...for some reason, beverages and snack baskets have been available on flights with no scheduled service but if they are loaded, some FA choose to serve and some choose to follow the service standard and offer service.
Speaking of what is loaded, I want to know what is in the carts that they put on the SEA-PDX flights. They always have the 2 carts with the paper taped to it with that flight number, and I've often wondered if there were drinks in there or what.
Old Jul 31, 2021, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
Speaking of what is loaded, I want to know what is in the carts that they put on the SEA-PDX flights. They always have the 2 carts with the paper taped to it with that flight number, and I've often wondered if there were drinks in there or what.
This is one route that I wish would return to full beverage service in F, but it still doesn't qualify since it's way too short. My guess is that the carts have beverages loaded even on non-beverage flights or perhaps it's pre-loaded for the next flight....maybe AS Flyer can chime in here. I really wish there would be a little more consistency between the Q400 flights and the rest of the fleet since you still can't even get a Diet Coke on a Q400 regardless of flight length but they serve water/OJ on flights between PDX-SEA that wouldn't even qualify for water on the 737s or E175s...it makes no sense.
Old Jul 31, 2021, 11:50 am

Programs: AS MVPG, 1MM
I will know when things are heading back to "normal" when I get predeparture beverage.....
mtofell likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2021, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by JacksonFlyer
I will know when things are heading back to "normal" when I get predeparture beverage.....
I mean this with all respect but it was barely normal pre-pandemic. Getting pre-departure beverages on a regular basis would be an improvement over even pre-pandemic times.
Eastbay1K and pcoll like this.
Old Jul 31, 2021, 1:22 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Originally Posted by JacksonFlyer
I was recently served a bottle of cold water at my seat while at the gate. Maybe the flight attendant was just cheerful because it was her birthday?!
Old Jul 31, 2021, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AS Flyer
I mean this with all respect but it was barely normal pre-pandemic. Getting pre-departure beverages on a regular basis would be an improvement over even pre-pandemic times.
Totally agree....and I'm fine with a box of water before take-off. I've honestly never understood the draw of pre-departure beverages....it's nice, particularly in the morning if coffee is included but otherwise I have no problem waiting until take-off.

Last edited by PDXPremier; Jul 31, 2021 at 3:28 pm
Old Jul 31, 2021, 2:22 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Apple juice and bottled water!
Old Jul 31, 2021, 3:06 pm

Programs: MVP100K, A-list, Marriott/IHG Plat, CHP525 Ticket Plat, CHP Solo Carpool 100K, Costco EXP, Tinder 1K
Originally Posted by ItsAnAdam
But still no apple juice despite my numerous Alaska listens responses

​​​​​​Apple juice is a hit or miss. Sometimes they stock it, most of the time they don't. But it never hurts asking
ItsAnAdam likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2021, 3:12 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Please bring back Crater Lake hazelnut espresso vodka!
Klrduks likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.