Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Crediting Royal Air Maroc (AT) to Mileage Plan?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2021, 9:43 am
eap
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP 75K, UA 1MM

Does anyone have experience with flying Royal Air Maroc and crediting to MileagePlan?

I am planning to fly Royal Air Maroc this weekend, and had hoped to credit the flights to Alaska. Alaska was not an option on the site when I booked the ticket, and when I called, the RAM agent told me that "OneWorld is on hold due to COVID" and that they won't recognize partner frequent flyer accounts. I called again and got a similarly worded response.

I have a discount business class ticket which should earn a ton of miles with Alaska. I doubt I would have purchased the ticket otherwise.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 12:00 pm
Formerly known as stellertony

Programs: UA Gold, DL Gold, NEXUS, APEC
Don’t put a mileage account on the ticket and submit a missing credit request to Alaska after the trip.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 12:57 pm

Programs: Alaska 75K (RIP VX), Hyatt Globalist, BonVoy Plat, National Exec
And keep or snap a photo of your RAM boarding pass to submit for the mileage credit!
Old Jul 29, 2021, 2:22 pm
eap
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mixmastermark
And keep or snap a photo of your RAM boarding pass to submit for the mileage credit!
This is one of the cases where I'll do both.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 4:33 pm

And you can also ask again at check-in. Sometimes they can add a frequent flyer number when reservation agents can't - doesn't hurt to try!
Old Jul 31, 2021, 3:41 am
eap
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ezak
And you can also ask again at check-in. Sometimes they can add a frequent flyer number when reservation agents can't - doesn't hurt to try!
Both check-in and gate agents refused as well. "The airline only allows their own frequent flyer number to be added." (They were both Swissport employees.)

This is some shady behavior.

We'll see what happens when I try to request credit from Alaska. I hope they honor what's listed on the site . RAM certainly doesn't give a damn about being in an alliance.

Last edited by eap; Jul 31, 2021 at 3:51 am Reason: Typos
Old Oct 1, 2021, 8:36 am
eap
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tonei
Don’t put a mileage account on the ticket and submit a missing credit request to Alaska after the trip.
I am still in the "6-8 weeks" period after requesting credit. We'll see what happens...

I noticed one change on the RAM website: they now let you choose Alaska from the list of partner airlines when booking. Progress!
Old Nov 26, 2021, 12:00 pm
eap
Original Poster

Follow-up: 3 months after my flights, I have my miles!

I sent a follow-up e-mail to Alaska customer service at 8 weeks, and, as of today, all of the flights have credited at the correct earning rate (175% bonus, 175% EQM). I knew they posted when I finally got the "You’re kind of a big deal around here." 75k e-mail.

I would not recommend anyone depend flights from AT posting in any reasonable amount time, but it's nice to see that OneWorld is a semi-functioning alliance.
mixmastermark and FlyerDigits like this.
Old Nov 26, 2021, 3:08 pm

Jeez, thanks for the update! I hope you didn't miss too much bonus miles and/or upgrade opportunities during the 3-month limbo...
Old Nov 27, 2021, 8:36 am

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by ezak
Jeez, thanks for the update! I hope you didn't miss too much bonus miles and/or upgrade opportunities during the 3-month limbo...
OMG, 3 months to get credit.
OT, QR is not too quick to credit my AS acct either. Now more than 1 month since credit request!
Old Nov 29, 2021, 7:42 pm

Programs: AC 75K
I just flew back on AT yesterday. Booked the flight in early November and was able to input my Mileage Plan number when booking through the RAM website. Hope the crediting goes a little smoother than your experience.
Old Sep 6, 2023, 1:17 pm

Programs: Coffee Shop Buy 10 Get 1 Free
Any recent data points? I have upcoming Lisbon-Casablanca-Fes flight. Was able to put in my MP number at time of purchase but they still tried to charge me for luggage and seat assignments despite my OW Sapphire...so not a great start. Declined both and figured I would deal with it at the airport

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.