Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Introducing aeroLOPA: A New [and Best] Portfolio of Detailed AS Cabin Seat Maps

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Introducing aeroLOPA: A New [and Best] Portfolio of Detailed AS Cabin Seat Maps

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2021, 12:26 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

The A321 NEO seat map is now live.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 3:56 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

That’s the Bombardier Q400 up and running.

I understand there remains a few old Airbus configurations I have not covered but these aircraft appear to be parked. What are the chances of them re-entering service in their current condition?
Old Jul 30, 2021, 7:57 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by Prospero
I understand there remains a few old Airbus configurations I have not covered but these aircraft appear to be parked. What are the chances of them re-entering service in their current condition?
I wouldn't worry about them.
Old Jul 30, 2021, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Never mind
Old Aug 7, 2021, 6:17 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Looks great! I suggest updating the About Us page to also include this forum in the "Useful resources" section 😉
Old Aug 16, 2021, 10:26 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Cool looking diagrams. TIL what LOPA means.

Did you consider some sort of indicator for seats that have their tray table in the armrest?
When I was training to fly airplanes, I learned Location of Personnel Accommodations (LOPA) at the flight school but in the airline industry it’s Layout of Passenger Accommodations (LOPA).
Old Aug 25, 2021, 9:14 pm

Programs: Shamelessly Gold at Flying Burrito and AirTrain A+ Elite. Turkish Star Gold, 100k at Flying Eskimo
Many thanks for your very kind words. I should point out, mapping the AS cabins is a desktop project but I have developed tools which enable accurate mapping. That said, errors will inevitably be present so it would be great if the AS faithful are able to identify any aspect of the maps they think could use some adjustments.

I read here that the 737-900 and 737-900ERs all received compact lavatories during the last refit cycle, so my thinking is including the 7M9 all three aircraft share a common seat layout. What surprised me is the diversity of seat pitches present in the 16F 162M configuration.

For example, here are the row pitch measurements in the 737-900ER cabin currently mapped
First class rows 1 to 4: pitch = 39.5"
Premium class rows 6 to 9: pitch = 34.5"
Main cabin rows 10 to 15: pitch = 31"
Overwing exit rows 16 and 17: pitch = 37.5"
Port side (ABC) rows 17 to 32: pitch = 32"
Starboard side (DEF) rows 17 to 34: pitch = 30.5"

Note, the Premium Class seats are indicated with "Khaki" accents
I can't seem to find this seat pitch information the webste LOPA? ow does it display? Is this a mouse over thing?
The 737-900 has indeed different seatpitch depending on whether you are right or left of the aisle. Great to finally see someone going through the painful exercise of actually providing accurate seating information (unlike seatguru that give averages). The left and right sides are notably different and a world of difference comfort-wise.

I would love to have also information about the rows where the sidepanels protrude over the window seat at the shoulder level i.e. 3 to 5 inches in front of the front of the reclined seat. This is super annoying and reduces de facto usable shoulder width for window seats. No seating website provdes this information.

Minos
Old Aug 30, 2021, 5:06 pm

Programs: JMB, Bonvoy, Hyatt
It looks to me that seat numbers are off for the E175. On the seat map for my upcoming flight, rows 6-8 are premium class, and economy is 9-21.
Prospero and mildfrequence like this.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 10:12 am
Original Poster

Short narratives have been appended to each seat map which include seat product and info, plus dimensions etc. The new F seat (Recaro CL4710) also received some minor cosmetic changes - added cup holders, and the E175 row numbers have been corrected.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 1:34 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 2P, Marriott Silver, many others
Thanks for a great site! Just a couple observations:

1. As I'm sure you're aware, the Q400 page doesn't have any seat description information. I know I depend a lot on seat width, in particular, to determine whether a particular seat will be comfortable (I'm tall but with disproportionately short legs so pitch isn't usually a problem, but there's nothing I can do about broad shoulders!).

2. I think the overhead bin description for the E175 might be a bit optimistic. Unless things have changed in the last10 months, the overhead in F is smaller on the left side of the plane (yes, a 22" bag could fit, but only if it's loaded longitudinally).
Old Aug 31, 2021, 2:49 pm
Original Poster

I added a short description of the Q400 cabin

76 B/E Aerospace Model-945 seats arranged in pairs
Seat width: 16.8”
Pitch: 31”
Recline: 1.2”
The description of the E175 overhead bins came straight from Embraer’s site but I appreciate this would apply only to the main cabin. I will do some research into the F cabin lockers and try to make a clear informative distinction
Klrduks likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2021, 6:13 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold
I read here that the 737-900 and 737-900ERs all received compact lavatories during the last refit cycle, so my thinking is including the 7M9 all three aircraft share a common seat layout. What surprised me is the diversity of seat pitches present in the 16F 162M configuration.

For example, here are the row pitch measurements in the 737-900ER cabin currently mapped
First class rows 1 to 4: pitch = 39.5"
Premium class rows 6 to 9: pitch = 34.5"
Main cabin rows 10 to 15: pitch = 31"
Overwing exit rows 16 and 17: pitch = 37.5"
Port side (ABC) rows 17 to 32: pitch = 32"
Starboard side (DEF) rows 17 to 34: pitch = 30.5"
This is surprising to me as well, at least the part about port seats in Main having noticeably greater pitch than starboard seats. I'd never heard mention of this discrepancy before. But I guess I will need to remember to favour the left side of the plane whenever I'm in Main.

Also, it looks like you need to make a minor correction in the table above. Row 17 shows up as both an exit row as well as a non-exit row. I noticed the repeated row 17 for each of 737-900, 737900ER, and 737-MAX9.
Prospero likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2022, 5:43 am

Programs: CO - Onepass Gold Elite--> UA - MileagePlus Gold Premier--> Silver --> AS - MileagePlan MVPGOLD!
I added a short description of the Q400 cabin

The description of the E175 overhead bins came straight from Embraer’s site but I appreciate this would apply only to the main cabin. I will do some research into the F cabin lockers and try to make a clear informative distinction
I'm impressed by the detail, however, please note that the Q400 seats offer NO RECLINE.
They are fixed in place.
They also offer no window sun shades, nor lavatory sinks, but that's another story.
Prospero likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
FYI: the Q400 gallery page still shows the E175 as the title.

-J.
Prospero likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 10:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GW McLintock
FYI: the Q400 gallery page still shows the E175 as the title.

-J.
Thanks. Now fixed
GW McLintock likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.