Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

New routes announced in Summer Travel Updates email

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2021, 2:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Airlines

Just got the Summer Travel Updates email in which it announces new routes, with start dates and a link to Book Now. Looking at SFO-CUN after the new start date, it still routes through LAX???
Old Jun 24, 2021, 2:14 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by professortim
Just got the Summer Travel Updates email in which it announces new routes, with start dates and a link to Book Now. Looking at SFO-CUN after the new start date, it still routes through LAX???
The flight operates once a week on Saturdays for a few months. You didn't expect AS to start a longer flight from SFO and operate it every day did you? 18 flights a year is better than nothing
Old Jun 24, 2021, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
The flight operates once a week on Saturdays for a few months. You didn't expect AS to start a longer flight from SFO and operate it every day did you? 18 flights a year is better than nothing
Sometimes when I am about to read your posts I think "this isn't going to be a glass half full, glass half empty" comment because sometimes you don't even have a glass, so I'm glad to see you have a glass today, even if it is less than half full
Old Jun 24, 2021, 2:52 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
It's always best to deal with the reality as it exists. AS has a limited number of mainline planes for the next two years and SEA obviously has to be their top priority. So it is no surprise at all that SFO is less of a focus. Pretending/expecting otherwise would not be realistic.
writerguyfl likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Sometimes when I am about to read your posts I think "this isn't going to be a glass half full, glass half empty" comment because sometimes you don't even have a glass, so I'm glad to see you have a glass today, even if it is less than half full
I wonder what people think when they are about to read one of my posts...lol
Old Jun 24, 2021, 8:01 pm

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Here is another person who engages in reasonable discourse and provides interesting and helpful information. 🥂
PDXPremier and AS Flyer like this.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
bottle half empty?
Eastbay1K likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
It's going to be about chocolate chips or butter pecan, but sometimes there isn't even a cookie.
PDXPremier and Calculon like this.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by chrisl137
It's going to be about chocolate chips or butter pecan, but sometimes there isn't even a cookie.
paging FfF
Old Jun 24, 2021, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jrl767
paging FfF
James has been noticeably quiet lately....probably on some extended mileage run using the Companion cert
anteater likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 11:41 pm

Programs: Alaska Gold 100k
I never seem to get the AS emails, can someone post a link or copy the message with routes here please. Looking for some good ones from PDX.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 11:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Waitlisted
I never seem to get the AS emails, can someone post a link or copy the message with routes here please. Looking for some good ones from PDX.
New Routes Link

(also included extension of 50% EQM bonus and details on the AA partnership and OW membership)
Waitlisted likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2021, 12:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Airlines
In your preferences

Originally Posted by Waitlisted
you should find it in your account setting at Alaska air.com
Waitlisted likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2021, 1:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by chrisl137

(also included extension of 50% EQM bonus
Uh, thank you for mentioning that. I just created the 2021 tab in my EQM planning spreadsheet earlier this week and looked at the new elite requirements and fare class earnings. At the time the web page still showed the June 30 end date (which does nothing for me). And while I did hey the new routes email, I didn’t actually read it.

Now I can replan a bit since I actually have some AS travel before 9/30.
Old Jun 25, 2021, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Uh, thank you for mentioning that. I just created the 2021 tab in my EQM planning spreadsheet earlier this week and looked at the new elite requirements and fare class earnings. At the time the web page still showed the June 30 end date (which does nothing for me). And while I did hey the new routes email, I didn’t actually read it.

Now I can replan a bit since I actually have some AS travel before 9/30.
I put it in parentheses because there's a whole separate thread for it that has the updated dates. But I figured I should include most of the stuff from the emails.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.