Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AS App - iOS

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2021, 5:51 pm
Original Poster

AS App - iOS

What does it mean when the "check in" link in the app is greyed out for a flight that is available for check in according to emails? Using an iPhone.
Old Jun 21, 2021, 6:52 pm

Programs: Southwest A-List; Alaska MVPG; Hilton Diamond; Avis PreferredPlus; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by skiflyer
What does it mean when the "check in" link in the app is greyed out for a flight that is available for check in according to emails? Using an iPhone.
I think it just means that the app doesn’t refresh automatically. When this happens to me (fairly often), I just pull down on the screen (sometimes I have to do it a couple times) until the check-in bubble lights up.
Old Jun 23, 2021, 3:20 pm

Programs: AS MM, MVPGold100k, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by twitch76
I think it just means that the app doesn’t refresh automatically. When this happens to me (fairly often), I just pull down on the screen (sometimes I have to do it a couple times) until the check-in bubble lights up.
Also, sometimes you will need to "clear" the app by swiping up (or down depending on your version) to see all the "open" apps and clear them. Once that is done the AS app will refresh
Old Jun 23, 2021, 5:56 pm
Original Poster

No luck after doing multiple refreshes and doing a force close of the app didn't help either. I'll trying removing the app and reinstalling. This is why I like paper as a backup.
Old Nov 26, 2023, 7:49 am

Programs: AS 100k, DL PM, New Sagaya
iOS App Crashes

My iOS app is crashing on almost every request. Emailed the app team and they say a new version will be released next week. Should be v5.18.1.
Old Nov 26, 2023, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by williwaw
My iOS app is crashing on almost every request. Emailed the app team and they say a new version will be released next week. Should be v5.18.1.
Deleting and reinstalling it fixed this issue for me.
Old Nov 26, 2023, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
The AS app has been rather flakey on my iPad in recent months. Fortunately it is more solid on my Pixel (Android) phone, which I obviously use at the airport.
Old Nov 26, 2023, 11:05 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, DL Platinum,WN A-list, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Whenever that happened I remove and reinstall the app.

Repeat the above if it started crash again.
Old Nov 27, 2023, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by oneworld_wanderer
Whenever that happened I remove and reinstall the app.

Repeat the above if it started crash again.
I have had no luck with reinstalling. The person who emailed me back from the app team said they knew that reinstallation was not working for many.
Old Nov 27, 2023, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Thank god the app isn’t the corner stone to something like the reimagined lobby checkin experience
Old Nov 27, 2023, 11:50 am

And to add to the fun, the whole website seems to be down this morning (10:45Pacific). Whee!
Old Nov 29, 2023, 11:59 am

Programs: Alaska 100K, National and Avis Elite member
I contacted customer care this morning since my iPhone app is continuing to crash despite uninstalling and then reinstalling the app. They told me there have been multiple reports to them of the app crashing. So they know about the issue but aren't doing anything to fix it (this has been going on for several weeks).

What makes this even more irritating is they got rid of kiosks at the airport to check in specifically to divert people away from kiosks and instead go to an app that doesn't work and they apparently have it as a low priority to fix it.

What is the email address of the app team since nobody at customer care was aware of a way for us to report this issue to them directly? Is there a phone number in IT we can discuss this with?

Thanks
Old Nov 29, 2023, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by Rickrich

What is the email address of the app team since nobody at customer care was aware of a way for us to report this issue to them directly? Is there a phone number in IT we can discuss this with?

Thanks
I emailed [email protected] last week and received this reply. (It was a person on their phone emailing me back with a pasted reply.)

~~~~
Thank you for letting us know. We are working on a fix for this issue, and we are targeting a release next week. You can try to reinstall the app, but that is not working for some.

If you have an upcoming trip before the update, please don't log in, and add your next trip manually so that you can check-in. And add your boarding pass to your Apple Wallet for safe keeping.

You can also use our website to check-in and obtain your boarding pass:
https://m.alaskaair.com/checkin

So sorry for the inconvenience, and watch for our release next week; v5.18.1

Kind regards,

Sharryn

~~~
Old Nov 29, 2023, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Reinstalling worked for a few hours for
me, but now I can’t use it at all. The app has always been terrible in terms of functionality, but this is ridiculous.
leroix likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2023, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by rjque
Reinstalling worked for a few hours for
me, but now I can’t use it at all. The app has always been terrible in terms of functionality, but this is ridiculous.
But you can always print a BP at the myriad of kisoks at the airport. Oh, wait.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.