Wiki Posts
Search

Departing MCO on AS - Using AA Lounge

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2021, 5:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS Mileage Plan 100k, Bonvoy Titanium
Departing MCO on AS - Using AA Lounge

So I just realized I have never attempted something on all my MCO-SAN travels. There is an Admiral's Club location over in the B side west gates... are those Block 3? Terminal 3? Who the hell knows, the layout of the Orlando Airport is beyond comprehension... but Alaska is in A side, block/terminal/gulag 2.

I know you can easily take the APM between 1 and 3, and likewise between 2 and 4, but can you get from 3 to 2 without re-clearing security?

I have been to the MCO AC before, I know it's not much to write home about; think about cramped SEA Terminal D and you get the idea... but just trying to see if I can even get over there without a second radiation dose courtesy of the TSA, or if they will even let me in over on the 1/3 side, regardless if it's A or B side.

Has anyone tried this before? I'm an AL member so access to the lounge itself isn't the issue other than how to physically get there.
Old May 23, 2021, 7:37 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
You can't, no airside access, requires reclearing security.

It's never been worth the time/hassle, so I have no idea how the TSA feels about it.
Old May 23, 2021, 7:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS Mileage Plan 100k, Bonvoy Titanium
That's what I figured, but you never know if there is a tunnel or some other way to get from one side to the other.

The mediocre AC lounge isn't worth it, I'll go get halfway decent beer at the bar/restaurant next to gate 111.
rcarovano likes this.
Old May 23, 2021, 9:22 pm

Programs: Starriot Platinum, DL PM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
There is a Club @ MCO in Terminal 4 if you happen to have access via Priority Pass/Lounge Club.

Last edited by rtpflyer; May 23, 2021 at 9:28 pm
Old May 24, 2021, 6:42 pm

Programs: Alaska airlines 100k
TSA should have no problem letting fliers through security with a valid boarding pass same day for the same airport. I used do this often in MKE to go to the Chiles in the southwest C terminal (Alaska is in D)
Old May 25, 2021, 4:37 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan MVP Gold, Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium Elite
I agree. Cask & Larder is probably your best option to grab a drink before boarding. Cheers!
Old May 26, 2021, 7:31 am

Programs: United MM, Alaska MVP, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat
I’ve been to The Club and it’s ok. I think the trick if you want to go to that lounge and back is exit on the “wrong” side of the train when you return. When the doors open, just stand there and wait for the new passengers to get on and go out in their direction. Some people might give you a funny look but it’s better than re-clearing security.

I just hit Cask and Larder.
Old May 26, 2021, 3:09 pm

Programs: Starriot Platinum, DL PM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by buzglyd
I’ve been to The Club and it’s ok. I think the trick if you want to go to that lounge and back is exit on the “wrong” side of the train when you return. When the doors open, just stand there and wait for the new passengers to get on and go out in their direction. Some people might give you a funny look but it’s better than re-clearing security.

I just hit Cask and Larder.
Or, if they are running both trains, be sure to wait for and take the train on the right as you exit Terminal 4. I think there may be times when certain arriving international flight passengers are forced to exit beyond security then have to reclear to continue their journey on a domestic airline.

Last edited by rtpflyer; May 26, 2021 at 3:15 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.