Wiki Posts
Search

AS Using B Gates at SEA?

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2021, 10:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS Mileage Plan 100k, Bonvoy Titanium
AS Using B Gates at SEA?

So I am on AS209 right now headed to SEA from SAN… and we are going to pull into gate B11.

This is the first time I have ever heard of Alaska pulling into a B gate… is this new? Or have I somehow never won this particular lottery?
Old May 16, 2021, 10:35 am

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
It's a hard one to win, but more common than say hitting the PowerBall.

Very rare, regardless.

Where the heck are the B Gates??
navydevildoc likes this.
Old May 16, 2021, 10:49 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL UA AS
B1 - B15 are regular gates in the B Concourse.
Old May 16, 2021, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
this has been a not-infrequent occurrence during the N satellite renovation (in fact B isn’t a bad thing; last summer I was on a flight departing from S2)
Old May 16, 2021, 10:53 am

Programs: Yes
I had three flights this year which landed at B gates, showed up in the app prior to arrival.
Old May 16, 2021, 10:54 am

Programs: MVP100K, A-list, Marriott/IHG Plat, CHP525 Ticket Plat, CHP Solo Carpool 100K, Costco EXP, Tinder 1K
Originally Posted by jrl767
this has been a not-infrequent occurrence during the N satellite renovation (in fact B isn’t a bad thing; last summer I was on a flight departing from S2)

Last September I had a connection from N gates to S gates, yeah imagine that...
Old May 16, 2021, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by 985X
I had the reverse connection last month, but it put me next to the AS lounge N Concourse.
Old May 16, 2021, 11:23 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by 985X
Originally Posted by jrl767
I have arrived & departed from the B gates about 6 times since last fall. For departures, I felt like I should be getting onto DL Medal.

I also had one S departure after a B arrival but I went to the N lounge during my connection. The 15% discount code for the "Journey before the Journey" also good on F fares for everyone making the trek to S was a nice touch.

James
Old May 16, 2021, 11:46 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
I saw 3 or 4 AS jets in a row parked at the B gates a week or so ago and had to use them myself a week before that. On an unrelated note, if you think the crowd that forms outside the D lounge when it's at capacity is bad, it's nothing compared to what I saw outside of the Centurion lounge as I made my way from the B gates to the N lounge.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old May 16, 2021, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
I saw 3 or 4 AS jets in a row parked at the B gates a week or so ago and had to use them myself a week before that. On an unrelated note, if you think the crowd that forms outside the D lounge when it's at capacity is bad, it's nothing compared to what I saw outside of the Centurion lounge as I made my way from the B gates to the N lounge.
I have given up on the SEA Centurion Lounge until capacity constraints are lifted. They can’t manage their waitlist efficiently and haven’t taken any measures to address lounge utilization during these times.

I always trek to the AS N Concourse Lounge. 🤙🏻
Old May 16, 2021, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
Yes, I’ve seen AS use about 4 of the upper B gates for several months at least. Unclear if that will continue once the N gate renovations are done.
Old May 16, 2021, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The couple of times I've flown ONT-SEA on late evening flights they came into B11 and it took a while for AS to get someone down there to operate the jetway. The first time we came in there the Captain even noted that it was unusual to be there - it sounds like they're overflow gates, maybe available to any airline, for when gates get backed up.
Old May 16, 2021, 1:04 pm

It’s not unusual at all to be at the B gates. I’ve arrived and departed there quite a few times in the last year or so. They’re part of the regular gate rotations these days.
Old May 16, 2021, 1:09 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by AS Flyer
It’s not unusual at all to be at the B gates. I’ve arrived and departed there quite a few times in the last year or so. They’re part of the regular gate rotations these days.
I do agree that it's become more common, and especially over the last year + N gate work.

Much like navydevildoc before today, it's remained a Unicorn for me.
AS Flyer likes this.
Old May 16, 2021, 1:10 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott G, Hertz PC, Avis PC
try S to D connection in 50 minutes, and I somehow mistakenly went to N. Rushed to the gate 5 minutes before closing. If the N train is crowded, I will miss it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.