Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

AS-AA Partnership - Benefits, Mileage Earn/Burn and Discussion (No oneworld, Please)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AS-AA Partnership - Benefits, Mileage Earn/Burn and Discussion (No oneworld, Please)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2021, 12:26 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by rbAA
Not sure why, but on an AA LAX-MIA-BWI one way coach ticket with an MVPG75k UPG on the LAX-MIA I actually earned more on the MIA-BWI segment:
10/03/2021 AMERICAN AIRLINES Flight 2289 LAX MIA Credited 586 733 1,319
10/03/2021 AMERICAN AIRLINES Flight 2493 MIA BWI Credited 237 888 1,125
On the LAX-MIA flight you were on an O or Q fare class that earned 25% EQM. On the MIA-BWI flight, the multiplier yielded less than 500 miles so you earned the 500 EQM minimum.

LAX-MIA 2344 × 0.25 = 586 EQM, 75K Elite RDM bonus is 125%, 586 × 1.25 = 733, Total RDM 586+733 = 1319.

MIA-BWI 946 miles × 0.25 = 237. 500 EQM minimum applied, 75K RDM Elite bonus is 625 (500 min × 1.25) for a total of 1125 RDM.

James
Old Nov 26, 2021, 5:23 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Alaska MVPG 75K, National Executive Elite
Waitlist for upgrades with more than 2 pax ?

AS MVP75k traveling with P2 and P3 on AA - gate agent couldn’t split up res and put me on waitlist for upgrades. Claimed I needed AA status to be put on waitlist at the gate. Any workarounds for future reference or should I book separate P3 on separate PNR (and loose seat selection at time of booking)?
Old Nov 26, 2021, 5:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Xrayman
is the 100% bonus miles 100% EQM it isn’t specifically stated. 100% RDM bonus does not necessarily equate to 100% EQM bonus.
the last column is eqm for specific fare classes
Old Nov 26, 2021, 5:56 am

Originally Posted by Crackedhead
AS MVP75k traveling with P2 and P3 on AA - gate agent couldn’t split up res and put me on waitlist for upgrades. Claimed I needed AA status to be put on waitlist at the gate. Any workarounds for future reference or should I book separate P3 on separate PNR (and loose seat selection at time of booking)?
I have the same issue. I think where I've landed for American flights is to just forget about upgrades and take the extra legroom seats at booking for the 3 of us.
Old Nov 28, 2021, 9:49 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K
Angry

Originally Posted by hyedmd
Gary reports that AS elites won't get any benefits on AA BE fare...
Well that was an unpleasent surprise today. Can confirm that MCE is no longer included for basic economy tickets on American. Coming back from MAD-JFK I even booked an IB codeshare on AA so I could get free MCE instead of take my chances with exit row XL seats. No dice.Will be interesting to see if the O class IB flight number on AA posts as 25% miles on Alaska or if I've lost a few thousand RDM by taking the AA flight.
Old Nov 29, 2021, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Crackedhead
you can absolutely call and split up pnr ahead of time (if you get through to a human - calling UK or australia number may be better)... i suspect gate agents can do the same but many aa employees are ignorant and rather antisocial...
Old Dec 30, 2021, 1:36 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold
AA Phone # for AS elites?

Do AS Elites only have access to the general AA customer service line? Wondering what our options are in when there are mass cancellations due to weather and the general line has a 2+ hr wait.
samosa likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 1:39 pm

Programs: AA Platinum for Life (2MM), BR Gold, AS MVP Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by joachimm
Do AS Elites only have access to the general AA customer service line? Wondering what our options are in when there are mass cancellations due to weather and the general line has a 2+ hr wait.
I'm an AA elite and that doesn't help much with the customer service line.
samosa and joachimm like this.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 2:06 pm

This won't help joachimm but I had to call AA last night about another schedule change and they had a schedule callback feature. It worked as advertised (you pick date and time), they called back right on time this morning.

Side note, I'm at a high "success" for schedule changes on my handful of past and future itineraries involving a leg on AA
joachimm likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 2:29 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Does the 500 EQM minimum apply to individual legs or to an itinerary as a whole? I've got a (right now, speculative) booking for BOS-JFK-SNA in March in fare code G and was wondering which scenario is correct:

take the BOS-JFK-SNA distance and multiply by the G fare multiplier, i.e. 2641 * 0.75 = 1981

take the BOS-JFK distance, since it's less than 500, get 500 EQM, then take the JFK-SNA distance and multiply by the G fare multiplier and add, i.e. 500 + (2454 * 0.75) = 2341
Old Dec 30, 2021, 2:43 pm

Programs: Alaska, AA, Marriott
Originally Posted by JetAirways77W
Does the 500 EQM minimum apply to individual legs or to an itinerary as a whole?
Per segment with a distinct flight number. Your second math is correct.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 7:05 pm

Programs: Alaskans fly everywhere on any aircraft going there!
Happy New Year to all! A couple of questions....I haven't been on any metal but AS for a long time and not at all since they joined One World. Need to get from TPA to SMH in early Feb an d will b travelling with 3 checked bags. As a 75K I will get those free on AS but, of course, I have to fly AA to get get to CMH from TPA. Will my 75K benefit re checked bags work? I'll be in paid F probably.

Second, why can't I pull up the AA flights to look for a mileage ticket? Can't seem to find an answer about that here...probably my poor search skilss. I don't want to add to the calls for AS right now but need to know if I have to buy a ticket or can use my AS miles in the next 48 hours or so.

Many thanks! Be safe out there and be patient....
Old Dec 30, 2021, 11:33 pm

Originally Posted by kileysmom
Happy New Year to all! A couple of questions....I haven't been on any metal but AS for a long time and not at all since they joined One World. Need to get from TPA to SMH in early Feb an d will b travelling with 3 checked bags. As a 75K I will get those free on AS but, of course, I have to fly AA to get get to CMH from TPA. Will my 75K benefit re checked bags work? I'll be in paid F probably.

Second, why can't I pull up the AA flights to look for a mileage ticket? Can't seem to find an answer about that here...probably my poor search skilss. I don't want to add to the calls for AS right now but need to know if I have to buy a ticket or can use my AS miles in the next 48 hours or so.

Many thanks! Be safe out there and be patient....
1. As a 75K, yes 3 bags on American. See this page and click on the partner benefits section, American has its own benefits listed, to include the 3 bags: https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...world-partners
2. I see award availability (not a ton of options but it is there) for the first week of February. Is there a specific date you need but don't see?
Old Dec 31, 2021, 12:38 am

Programs: Alaskans fly everywhere on any aircraft going there!
Thanks and I just found the 3 bag info...came back to post that I found that. I need to get from TPA to CMH on 1/31 ... think it's worth just paying for the F/J ticket for ease and some sense of security that the bags will all make it. Many thanks for the info and have a great 2022!
Old Dec 31, 2021, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by kileysmom
Thanks and I just found the 3 bag info...came back to post that I found that. I need to get from TPA to CMH on 1/31 ... think it's worth just paying for the F/J ticket for ease and some sense of security that the bags will all make it. Many thanks for the info and have a great 2022!
Right now on the Alaska site I see five first class AA itineraries for 1/31 from TPA to CMH for 25k Alaska miles + taxes/fees.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.