Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

AS-AA Partnership - Benefits, Mileage Earn/Burn and Discussion (No oneworld, Please)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AS-AA Partnership - Benefits, Mileage Earn/Burn and Discussion (No oneworld, Please)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2024, 7:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by ashill
I don’t know how revenue is allocated between the two airlines with an AS ticket on an AA prime flight, but presumably different than it would be on the AS*/AA flight if it existed.
AS is just acting as a ticketing agent when selling the AA native flight number. There's nothing preventing any airline from doing this, subject to plating restrictions, but it's usually done in conjunction with selling flights on the carrier's own metal.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 4:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP, lowly UA 1K; Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold; National EC, Hertz PC
If I am AA Emerald on a ticket with three people in total (others have no status), is it normal for it to require premium class upgrade payment for everyone? I know the policy is you can get one companion for free, so thought it would have let me choose at two if not just myself for free but wanted to see what others experience was. Will reach out to CS at some point once the Max issues settle down. Flight is still a bit out.
Old Feb 6, 2024, 6:31 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
I had to travel last-minute ORD-DEN yesterday. I grabbed an AA flight for 15K and was surprised to get an upgrade, so it was OK value. Nice flight and I enjoyed dinner on an 8:35 pm departure; no other airline serves a full meal on this route.
Old Feb 21, 2024, 11:48 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Data point that AA's systems still have no ability (short of a manual override) to waive the AA checked baggage charge for an AS elite (a/k/a Oneworld elite).

Checked a bag in GEG on AA (which was pretty easy to have the AA baggage fee waived since GEG AA gets lots and lots of AS elites checking bags.)

Coming back from DFW? It took the AA agent(s) about 20-25 minutes to figure out how to not charge for the checked bag since the "system keeps wanting to charge." They had to involve their internal telephone help desk --- and I'm glad I had plenty of time before my flight departed.
Old Feb 21, 2024, 1:41 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by dgreen12
Data point that AA's systems still have no ability (short of a manual override) to waive the AA checked baggage charge for an AS elite (a/k/a Oneworld elite).

Checked a bag in GEG on AA (which was pretty easy to have the AA baggage fee waived since GEG AA gets lots and lots of AS elites checking bags.)

Coming back from DFW? It took the AA agent(s) about 20-25 minutes to figure out how to not charge for the checked bag since the "system keeps wanting to charge." They had to involve their internal telephone help desk --- and I'm glad I had plenty of time before my flight departed.
Happened to me last November at SEA. The check in desk couldn't override the bag fee and eventually suggested that I pay for the bag now and ask for a refund later. I had no issue getting the refund afterwards on AA website.
Didn't have any problem getting the free checked bag on my return flight from DCA on the same ticket.
Old Feb 21, 2024, 5:20 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Originally Posted by Agosti
Happened to me last November at SEA
I spoke with an AS Customer Care representative after posting. He appreciated the data point and was going to pass it along to colleagues that work in implementing the AS/AA relationship (he knows them.)

So perhaps there is hope. I had a similar experience at SJU in Puerto Rico a year and a half ago where they just gave up and waived the fee (I was Gold at the time.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.