Wiki Posts
Search

No Gold/75k check-in Line at TPA

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2021, 7:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS 100k, UA Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
No Gold/75k check-in Line at TPA

Last month we flew the 7:15am TPA-SEA-RDM and had to go to the ticket counter to check bags. The line was about 50 passengers deep and there was no signage for Gold/75K check-in. I finally asked a TA if there was a Gold line and he asked me to stand to the side and they would take care of us. However if I waited in the general line we would most likely have missed our flight.

Has anyone checked bags at TPA in March to confirm if there is now a Gold line? Flying out of there on March 30th.
Old Mar 21, 2021, 7:34 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
I've never flown out of TPA, but I would be shocked if they didn't have a First Class line. With AS, those are usually labeled as First Class and then underneath it: "& Elite"
Old Mar 21, 2021, 9:23 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond
Thats odd. I've definitely seen the 1st Class and Elite sign out in the past.
Old Mar 21, 2021, 9:37 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by NoLaGent
I've never flown out of TPA, but I would be shocked if they didn't have a First Class line. With AS, those are usually labeled as First Class and then underneath it: "& Elite"
Partner Elite is on the list too.

James
Old Mar 21, 2021, 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
Partner Elite is on the list too.

James
Yes, of course. After the rest of the AS Elite categories. Here's the actual sign to be perfectly clear.

Old Mar 21, 2021, 10:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
I've flown out of TPA twice this year- both times no one else around - but I recall checking in on the far left side of the AS area. So I'm pretty sure this is signed. The only station in recent memory that may not have had this was HAV- but that was a strange contract operation, with *very* limited abilities.

Glad you made the flight.
Old Mar 22, 2021, 10:18 am

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott G, Hertz PC, Avis PC
similar questions, I remember in LAX they used to have first class security line, or I could be wrong. It seems many airports no longer offer first class security line any more, probably due to less travel demand of covid?
Old Mar 22, 2021, 10:34 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines MVP Gold
Usually at non hub airports the regular line and mvp line are both short but if there wasn't an mvp line you should reach out to AS, it's listed on the website as an elite benefit!
Old Mar 22, 2021, 11:04 pm

Programs: AS MVPG (R.I.P 75K), DL, HH Gold
Originally Posted by DuckFlyer
Last month we flew the 7:15am TPA-SEA-RDM and had to go to the ticket counter to check bags. The line was about 50 passengers deep and there was no signage for Gold/75K check-in. I finally asked a TA if there was a Gold line and he asked me to stand to the side and they would take care of us. However if I waited in the general line we would most likely have missed our flight.
At least the TA acknowledged you. The last time I flew out of FAI (early covid), I’m second in F line, guy in front has two dogs in traveling crates so TA takes him over to another dept and says the other TA working the regular queue will service us. I figured this other TA would take one from each line but that didn’t transpire. Instead, she took care of the 25+ leisure pax with mounds of luggage first, ignoring my queue entirely until she was good and ready. Other TA never returned. Then we were stuck behind said pax fumbling with carry-on crap through TSA. Plane now boarding, so no pre-departure drink
Old Mar 23, 2021, 7:38 am
Original Poster

There definitely was no signage over President’s Day Weekend. Glad to hear that has been corrected.

Also, RDM (although much smaller airport) didn’t have any signage either.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 6:10 pm
Original Poster

Flew TPA - SEA this morning and there was once again no gold checkin signage and total pandemonium with long lines.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 7:04 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by DuckFlyer
Flew TPA - SEA this morning and there was once again no gold checkin signage and total pandemonium with long lines.
I really appreciate these reports, which tell me I should fly with carryons for an April trip in and out of TPA and skip this mess. It'd be nice if they fix it, though.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 7:07 pm

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by PDXpress
I really appreciate these reports, which tell me I should fly with carryons for an April trip in and out of TPA and skip this mess. It'd be nice if they fix it, though.
Perhaps when it occurs we can report it to Alaska Listens.
NoLaGent likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by anteater
Perhaps when it occurs we can report it to Alaska Listens.
Right? If STS can have First Class signage (which covers Elites/Golds) without even mainline service, I don't understand how this is even possible in a station like TPA.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 8:03 pm

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by NoLaGent
Right? If STS can have First Class signage (which covers Elites/Golds) without even mainline service, I don't understand how this is even possible in a station like TPA.
I never fly out TPA, so I don’t have a share in this, but if someone who has a few DPs on when this has been an issue wants to DM me with specifics I will forward it onto AS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.