Wiki Posts
Search

AS announces ANC-MSP

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2021, 6:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
AS announces ANC-MSP

Weekends only, June 19 through August 15.

I am sure it has absolutely nothing to do with DL starting weekend service into ANC from JFK/DTW/LAX over that exact same time period.

Regardless, it’s nice to see ANC get some love.

https://newsroom.alaskaair.com/2021-...apolis-St-Paul
Old Mar 19, 2021, 6:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Ha.

Slow frequency however.

And nothing for FAI.
Old Mar 19, 2021, 6:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by beckoa
Ha.

Slow frequency however.

And nothing for FAI.
I am halfway surprised they didn’t announce ANC-SLC at the same time.

I can see FAI-ORD starting to make some sense on AS with the OW tie-in as an eventual response to DL taking FAI-MSP year round. That said, AS doesn’t care as much about FAI as they do ANC so they may be willing to let DL have that one.
Old Mar 19, 2021, 6:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Chugach
I am halfway surprised they didn’t announce ANC-SLC at the same time.

I can see FAI-ORD starting to make some sense on AS with the OW tie-in as an eventual response to DL taking FAI-MSP year round. That said, AS doesn’t care as much about FAI as they do ANC so they may be willing to let DL have that one.
Yes, ANC-SLC I'd expect as well. And for some, an ANC-BOI would be exciting. That would allow for a fairly direct connection to AUS, and an ABC routing- ANC-BOI-CHI

On a more serious note, the flight times look very reasonable!
Old Mar 19, 2021, 9:07 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
With AA offering 787 service to DFW, including lie flat in J and a PE cabin with a "real" PE cabin (roughly equivalent to AS F hard product),the AS product will be the poor cousin other than for O&D traffic to MSP and perhaps close-by connections not wanting to travel via DFW.
Old Mar 19, 2021, 10:25 am
Formerly known as stellertony

Programs: UA Gold, DL Gold, NEXUS, APEC
Originally Posted by Often1
With AA offering 787 service to DFW, including lie flat in J and a PE cabin with a "real" PE cabin (roughly equivalent to AS F hard product),the AS product will be the poor cousin other than for O&D traffic to MSP and perhaps close-by connections not wanting to travel via DFW.
DFW is pretty out of the way for a lot of connections, but given the lack of onward feed from MSP I have to assume this is mostly going to be O&D on that end - AA only has flights to eight hubs from MSP. Condor and Icelandair also serve MSP but I can’t imagine that there will be a lot of traffic connecting to/from
those
Old Mar 19, 2021, 11:13 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by tonei
DFW is pretty out of the way for a lot of connections, but given the lack of onward feed from MSP I have to assume this is mostly going to be O&D on that end - AA only has flights to eight hubs from MSP. Condor and Icelandair also serve MSP but I can’t imagine that there will be a lot of traffic connecting to/from
those
AS interlines with DE, but not FI.
Old Mar 19, 2021, 11:49 am

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Interlines? They sure were able to check my baggage SFO-SEA-KEF in 2019 from AS to FI.
eponymous_coward and jinglish like this.
Old Mar 19, 2021, 12:51 pm
Original Poster

ANC-MSP on AS is about flipping the bird to DL (and maybe a lesser extent SY) and not much else.
Old Mar 19, 2021, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Really?

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...er-overview:FI

So what are they going to do, make you recheck baggage on an 85 minute connection? That's pretty much the first time I've ever heard that AS doesn't interline with a partner they can actually book a ticket on. You got a source for that?

jinglish likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2021, 1:30 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
AS Interlines on Paper Ticket and Baggage but not E-Ticket

AS does have interline agreements with FI for paper ticket issue and baggage. It does not have an interline agreement for e-tickets.

James
eponymous_coward likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2021, 2:41 pm

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
Alaska has to have an IET (interline e-ticket agreement) in order to procure flights for FI on the booking engine or in Sabre. Paper tickets have been "outlawd" for at least 5, 6 years now? Maybe that image you have is just old.

Old Mar 19, 2021, 2:58 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
AS does have interline agreements with FI for paper ticket issue and baggage. It does not have an interline agreement for e-tickets.
They don't have an e-ticket interline agreement with a frequent flyer and codeshare partner? Really?
eponymous_coward and jinglish like this.
Old Mar 19, 2021, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by ashill
They don't have an e-ticket interline agreement with a frequent flyer and codeshare partner? Really?
Maybe they send paper tickets over by combination of Pony Express and clipper ship.
ashill likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2021, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
Maybe they send paper tickets over by combination of Pony Express and clipper ship.
And carrier pigeon

Last I checked, though probably not as accurate post COVID, FI operates ANC-KEF directly a few days a week and SEA-KEF daily with good connecting times, so unlikely that people are running out of their way to connect via MSP...except for a few around here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.