Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska Website Down/Issues

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2021, 8:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Alaska Website Down/Issues

Was looking for flights on AS on google flights, nothing came back. Went to AS website, searched a simple SFO-SEA and getting an error message. Anyone have similar issues?
Old Feb 23, 2021, 8:30 pm

Programs: AS MVP , Delta Gold Medallion, "Credit Card" status for various hotels
Yes, no Alaska inventory is showing up, although partner award flights seem to be working fine. 😀
Old Feb 23, 2021, 9:01 pm

Fare Class Realignment taking place...

As part of readying AS to join oneworld at the end of March, a fare class realignment is being done behind the scenes tonight to mirror those of the oneworld partners. Inventory for flights after 3/30 may be a little wonky at times tonight, but please keep trying alaskaair.com, or reach out to the Contact Center agents for help via phone or chat.
Bellerina likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 9:33 pm

Programs: Alaskans fly everywhere on any aircraft going there!
Will this realignment "fix" the ridiculous fares that are coming up right now? Just checked for this Fall on a route I booked two weeks ago for May....the price is quadrupled....that's pretty nuts!
pcoll and Sea Trips like this.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 10:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
I’d rather the website not work than have these prices show:

Old Feb 23, 2021, 10:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by kileysmom
Will this realignment "fix" the ridiculous fares that are coming up right now? Just checked for this Fall on a route I booked two weeks ago for May....the price is quadrupled....that's pretty nuts!
Yeah, something is definitely going on beyond just the usual AS "tradition" of zeroing out lower fare buckets around the holidays...hopefully this will get "fixed" soon.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 11:10 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Yeah, something is definitely going on beyond just the usual AS "tradition" of zeroing out lower fare buckets around the holidays...hopefully this will get "fixed" soon.
Presumably they not only are changing fare codes around, but the filed fares. While they are transitioning it makes sense that it's difficult to book a fare that has a different fare class now associated with it.

Give it some time while they do the changeover.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 3:53 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75k, Hyatt Globalist, National Executive Elite
Looks like all fares below V after 3/31 are being cleared out right now. Example flight on 4/22:

AS 1350SEA 04/22/21 11:25 AMSFO 04/22/21 1:35 PM73J Daily 95% / 18mJ7 C0 D0 I0 U0 E0 Y7 B7 H7 K7 M7 L7 V7 S0 N0 Q0 O0 G0 X0 T0

I'm wondering what's the new fare code for F upgrades since U is taken for the F award.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 5:13 am

Programs: free agent
was building a nice multi-city MR and prices are out of whack. Want $589 for LAX-SEA-JFK. ha ha. I'll give it few days to settle down.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 7:26 am

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
It appears the oneworld migration has begun

Just got this when trying to access an itinerary. Same message for any itinerary after 3/31.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 9:19 am

Programs: AS MVPG | oneworld Sapphire
Originally Posted by bmvaughn
Just got this when trying to access an itinerary. Same message for any itinerary after 3/31.
Yep, same. It's like our reservations are now circling the far side of the moon, in total radio silence. Godspeed, itineraries.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 9:26 am

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by kileysmom
was going to book trip for November...looked at fares this morning. Tripled from what they were yesterday.....Ugh! Guess we all have to wait for this process to shakeout.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 9:36 am

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
At least they aren't trying to run a fare discount promo right now at the same time
Old Feb 24, 2021, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by bmvaughn
At least they aren't trying to run a fare discount promo right now at the same time
That's probably a good reason why this is one of those rare weeks without a promo.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 9:50 am

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
This affected an EasyBiz SAN-HNL April reservation on hold.

Nonstop fair jumped from $383 RT to $728, was necessary for agent to manually process the "change" - new fare classes - before I was able to complete the reservation. I don't fly basic economy, but that option is currently unavailable on the route - nonstop or connections.

Assuming revenue management will go back and adjust fares, once the new fare classes have been implemented. May be best to wait a few days before booking travel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.