Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

AS' Hawaii Pre-Clearance Program - Skip the Line on Arrival

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AS' Hawaii Pre-Clearance Program - Skip the Line on Arrival

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2020, 2:20 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
My 2¢ on the matter is go where you really want to go, because from one day to the next, from one hour to the next, from one breath to the next, anything can change. (Ok, the last one is a bit of an exaggeration, unless you breathe incredibly slowly.)
Well to be fair, any change of anything at anytime happens within the breathing cycle between inhalation and exhalation, even time. I support your theory.

James
QT31415, NoLaGent and anteater like this.
Old Dec 13, 2020, 4:20 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Landed in OGG yesterday after a direct from SAN. Can confirm the green wristband saved us an hour+ wait at arrivals. The airport agent joked “who has the fast pass?”

Would definitely fly AS at a premium based on that alone
NoLaGent and HangryDad like this.
Old Jan 23, 2021, 10:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Just boarded AS855. Got my test on Wednesday, just about 70 hours before departure. Results back in 38 hours or so. At PDX, there were lots of agents checking qr codes and paper results. Paper is reccomended for covid results. State of Hawaii site was subsequently updated that my docs were cleared. Super excited!

I thought they were rubber- these are like the ones at resorts indicating "unlimited drinks" . Does this work the same way inflight?
anteater and HangryDad like this.
Old Jan 23, 2021, 10:27 am

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by beckoa
I thought they were rubber- these are like the ones at resorts indicating "unlimited drinks" . Does this work the same way inflight?
Yes, just flash a friendly 🤙🏻.
Old Jan 23, 2021, 10:32 am

Programs: AS 75K
Yeah, it's a great program. I just flew out of PDX a couple weeks ago to OGG. I was a bit surprised at how quick it was with the agents in Portland compared to the State of Hawaii staff in Hawaii in the past. It was literally a 15 second process at PDX - scan QR code, hand me a wristband. Before the program I went through the dreaded line in Maui and it was usually 3-5 minutes while they poured over paperwork and plugged things into their tablets.
Old Jan 23, 2021, 1:10 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Hawaiian Airlines is now also launching the same fast pass.
Old Jan 23, 2021, 1:38 pm

Flew out of sea last Sunday super quick and also quick in hnl. Just wondering is it like that at all of the island or just hnl ogg?Just wanted to know want to go to Kona in couple of months or is it better to go to hnl ogg because of the pre clearance? Thank u.
Old Jan 24, 2021, 8:17 am

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Airnewzealand08
Flew out of sea last Sunday super quick and also quick in hnl. Just wondering is it like that at all of the island or just hnl ogg?Just wanted to know want to go to Kona in couple of months or is it better to go to hnl ogg because of the pre clearance? Thank u.
Its the same at KOA with pre-clear. At KOA they’re doing rapid testing on arrival as well (supposedly now just 25% of flights on arrival but I’ve been back 3 times since November and have gotten tested each time), pre-clear doesn’t let you skip that, but they now let you leave the airport and will call you if you test positive to come back and get a PCR test for validation.
Old Jan 24, 2021, 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by TheBeerHunter
Its the same at KOA with pre-clear. At KOA they’re doing rapid testing on arrival as well (supposedly now just 25% of flights on arrival but I’ve been back 3 times since November and have gotten tested each time), pre-clear doesn’t let you skip that, but they now let you leave the airport and will call you if you test positive to come back and get a PCR test for validation.

k thanks, just curious If I do the test in mainland and do a test in Kona do I have to pay for the Kona test as well?
Old Jan 24, 2021, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by Airnewzealand08
k thanks, just curious If I do the test in mainland and do a test in Kona do I have to pay for the Kona test as well?
No.
Old Jan 28, 2021, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by beckoa

Does anyone here know whether if you've got a connection to your Hawaii flight, if the first point of departure can issue these wristbands? (I've got that now infamous 35 minute SAN connection instead of an SFO nonstop.)
Old Jan 28, 2021, 1:24 pm

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Does anyone here know whether if you've got a connection to your Hawaii flight, if the first point of departure can issue these wristbands? (I've got that now infamous 35 minute SAN connection instead of an SFO nonstop.)
They should be able to. Pre-clear is now being handled overnight prior to the day of flight, so the staff at the airport is no longer needing to check paperwork - at least, this is what happened for me, and what the check-in agent told me on my most recent trip on Sunday. It was a much less chaotic process as a result!
Old Feb 8, 2021, 7:00 pm

Programs: MVP Gold 75K, Board Room, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
I have some travel from PHL-SEA-KOA coming up mid next week. I am trying to find a trusted testing partner here on the east coast -- and there are a couple. Although what is not clear is that if there are any rapid tests available, or if they have to be RT-PCR. Unfortunately, our drop in / no symptoms required / no cost 15 minute rapid test urgent cares in Cape May are not on the list

Any idea of the Walgreens rapid test is accepted? I see them listed, but it's not clear.

Also, i am concerned about the + next to the name of the company, which indicates it has to be on a special Hawaii Trusted Testing Partner form. Are some of these random point-of-care places on the east coast even going to know what this is?

I want to do pre-clear, but will any of these places trip me up? Clock is ticking on the testing timeline.
anteater likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2021, 8:43 pm

Walgreens works fine! Just need to schedule soon! Not too early or not too late.

https://www.walgreens.com/findcare/c...y_tile_Jan2021

Keep in mind that if your test is late, you are required to quarantine for 10 days.
Old Feb 10, 2021, 5:14 am

Programs: Costco Club
Originally Posted by FloridaFlyers
Maybe it's just me, but I refuse to be banded and labeled (and charged to be tested) just to go to Hawaii. This craziness has gone way too far.
Then just stay in Florida. CDC is thinking of making some iteration of testing or vaccination mandatory for all domestic air travel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.