Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

American or LATAM Awards to South America

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

American or LATAM Awards to South America

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2022, 2:18 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Does anyone have the slightest idea why AA is showing T fare (mile saver) award availability on Expert Flyer EZE-DFW-SEA (11/17/23), but it is not showing up on Alaska's site? It seems not all T fares that are available are on the AS site? Any ideas what is happening here?

Last edited by jsguyrus; Dec 29, 2022 at 2:31 pm
Old Dec 29, 2022, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by jsguyrus
Does anyone have the slightest idea why AA is showing T fare (mile saver) award availability on Expert Flyer EZE-DFW-SEA (11/3/23), but it is not showing up on Alaska's site? It seems not all T fares that are available are on the AS site? Any ideas what is happening here?
When I look on the AA app, I am not seeing MileSAAver availability for EZE-DFW-SEA on that date. There are Economy Web Specials for that route that cost less than MileSAAvers, but Web Special awards are not normally bookable by partners.

There are some two-stop EZE-SEA routings that are available as MileSAAvers on that date; those should be bookable with partner miles.
Old Dec 29, 2022, 3:34 pm

I can't seem to get awards with >1 AA segment to price out to South America in Y despite EF showing otherwise. Is it possible to book the INTL segment independently and then call an agent to add it on?
Old Dec 29, 2022, 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by discoseal
I can't seem to get awards with >1 AA segment to price out to South America in Y despite EF showing otherwise. Is it possible to book the INTL segment independently and then call an agent to add it on?
Yes. I booked EZE-DFW on AA but neither American or Alaska are showing any T fare availability on 11/17 to SEA which is my final destination. Likewise there is no T fares on AA or AS from MIA or JFK that day either.. I am just going to wait and hope something shows up then call and add it.
Old Dec 29, 2022, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by guv1976
There are some two-stop EZE-SEA routings that are available as MileSAAvers on that date; those should be bookable with partner miles.
That's my point, they should be bookable but are not.
Old Dec 29, 2022, 9:51 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I think we are just going to have to come to accept that AS, either by design or blissful ignorance, has made it essentially impossible to travel to/from Seattle on award to get to an AA int'l gateway. If there's a magic formula for knowing when those award open, please share. But from my experience, finding an award from SEA to LAX, DFW, JFK, or ORD to then connect to a partner Award Saver fare is exceptionally rare.
olouie likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2023, 10:15 am

So here is an interesting data point. As I said above, I had booked EZE-DFW but could not find any award space from DFW to SEA. I set up an expert flyer alert for AA T space as there was zero showing. Two days later I get an alert that T space is available. I checked the Alaska site, and still nothing available. I call in and talk to the a super knowledgeable agent at the partner desk. She looks at her internal system and sees the AA T space and is able to book it for me.

In speaking with her she says she never looks at the Alaska web site for space because it is very out of date info. She says it is a constant frustration with agents and customers because what you see on the web site can be days or even weeks old. This may be a big reason why all of us cant find J space on a lot of partners. By the time we see it, it is old news and it has been grabbed by everyone else.
discoseal likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2023, 10:42 am

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
In order to get a cheap an AA South America Award which includes AS connecting flight from SEA, I use the milti-city booking tool and select MIA as my intermediary destination. This can sometimes pull in the inventory needed to made the booking. This is how I have been booking USA-EL Salvador tickets for 15K rather than the 27.5K that is pulled if I do not use the "Multi-City" tool.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.