Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New PDX Lounge (2025)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2024, 11:27 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by StevenSeagalFan
interesting that they call it a “Flagship” lounge.
They used that description when the N Lounge opened. Using a small "f" would be less confusing.
Old Feb 12, 2024, 11:45 am

AS has long called the N SEA and JFK lounges their flagship lounges. I don't believe AA has a trademark on that word; and, as these lounges pertain to AS they are the crown jewels in their lounge network. I look forward to saying goodbye to the tired old Bored Room in PDX. Recent discussions with the staff there confirm the lounge will still go in the south end of the new terminal head with expansive views.
Old Feb 12, 2024, 11:48 am

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
I just think it’s funny that they’re putting “final touches” on a lounge that may not open for 2 years…

They do need to focus on putting 4 bolts in certain planes, so I would assume that would be a higher priority.
Old Feb 12, 2024, 12:32 pm

Programs: Costco Club
Originally Posted by B787938
AS has long called the N SEA and JFK lounges their flagship lounges. I don't believe AA has a trademark on that word; and, as these lounges pertain to AS they are the crown jewels in their lounge network. I look forward to saying goodbye to the tired old Bored Room in PDX. Recent discussions with the staff there confirm the lounge will still go in the south end of the new terminal head with expansive views.
they’ve got the registered logo next to Flagship on the AA website. I feel like there was litigation between DL and AA over the use of the word, not sure what came of the litigation.
Old Feb 12, 2024, 5:09 pm

Programs: Alaska, Bonvoy, HH
Originally Posted by NoLaGent
I just think it’s funny that they’re putting “final touches” on a lounge that may not open for 2 years…
in fairness, they said on the design of it...
NoLaGent, mpeterson78 and willoL like this.
Old Feb 12, 2024, 8:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, UA 1MM Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
The terminal as a whole is not going to see completion this year? Jesus. Walt built Disneyland in a year. They better have urinals made out of real unicorn tusk for taking that long.
catmndu and NoLaGent like this.
Old Feb 13, 2024, 6:15 pm

Phase 1 of the terminal expansion opens in May. This includes a new ticketing lobby, shops, restaurants, security checkpoints, and yes, the concourse connector between C and D. When this happens, the current bypass hallways will then provide access to B and E. The concourse connector will also be used as the exit point from all concourses into the central part of the new main terminal until Phase 2 is complete in 2025, when new exit lanes are constructed. Phase 2 is the reconstruction of the current security checkpoint areas and surrounding space, both on the north and south ends of the terminal. This area is where the new AS Lounge will be built. If you visit the PDX Airport website, you can find what new concession vendors are lined up, as well as their locations. Capers indeed makes a return, and although I can’t be 100% certain, based on their new location, it appears they could also be opening their new location in May.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.