Buy one get one for just taxes and fees

Old Aug 7, 20, 7:12 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Snohomish, WA
Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Posts: 2,632
Buy one get one for just taxes and fees

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/de...07_FALL_BOGO||

Book by end of day August 9th for travel by Oct 31st. The way it shows up on the site is as 50% off main fares but only if you have exactly two people on the reservation.
missamo80 is offline  
Old Aug 7, 20, 7:16 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: DCA, lived MCI, SEA/PDX,BUF (born/raised)
Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
Posts: 4,137
Originally Posted by missamo80 View Post
https://www.alaskaair.com/content/de...07_FALL_BOGO||

Book by end of day August 9th for travel by Oct 31st. The way it shows up on the site is as 50% off main fares but only if you have exactly two people on the reservation.
so you can be certain nobody sits next to you....
SxMan likes this.
djp98374 is offline  
Old Aug 7, 20, 7:23 pm
  #3  
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Snohomish, WA
Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Posts: 2,632
Originally Posted by djp98374 View Post
so you can be certain nobody sits next to you....
They are explicitly using that to hype the promotion.
missamo80 is offline  
Old Aug 7, 20, 7:40 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Seattle
Programs: AS MVP
Posts: 1,741
Originally Posted by djp98374 View Post
so you can be certain nobody sits next to you....
language is such, “you COULD get the whole row to yourselves” *
*(Open middle seat not guaranteed)
Not certainty , just possibility.
We all know how things can go south on day of travel.
SxMan likes this.

Last edited by pcoll; Aug 7, 20 at 7:50 pm
pcoll is offline  
Old Aug 7, 20, 7:40 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Programs: AS MVPG, DL PM, New Sagaya
Posts: 857
williwaw is offline  
Old Aug 7, 20, 7:47 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: British Columbia
Programs: AS MVPG75K, UA PP, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Posts: 4,371
Nice, unlimited Companion Certificates for everyone.

James
pcoll and rustykettel like this.
Flying for Fun is offline  
Old Aug 7, 20, 7:52 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Seattle
Programs: AS MVP
Posts: 1,741
Exactly!! Great for exit rows.
pcoll is offline  
Old Aug 7, 20, 9:27 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: PDX
Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K
Posts: 1,022
Awesome, just rebooked a trip and saved $200!

Seems like a foolish promotion to me. Those who are afraid to fly still are. Those who aren't just saved some money. I trust that the marketing folks know something I don't.
flyupfrnt and SxMan like this.
RAD_PDX is offline  
Old Aug 7, 20, 9:38 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: IST/SEA
Programs: AS 75K, TK ELPL (*G), BA Gold (OWE), DL GM (ST E+), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 7,530
Originally Posted by RAD_PDX View Post

Seems like a foolish promotion to me. Those who are afraid to fly still are. Those who aren't just saved some money. I trust that the marketing folks know something I don't.
Agreed. A super smart promotion would've been "buy 2, get 1 free," since a party of 3 traveling together is probs willing to sit together. This promotion as written seems like a good way to throw away capacity.
SxMan likes this.
PVDtoDEL is offline  
Old Aug 7, 20, 10:07 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SEA
Posts: 1,572
It seems that you can get 50% off a ticket for one. Or am I missing something?
Single_Flyer is offline  
Old Aug 7, 20, 10:14 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: PDX
Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K
Posts: 1,022
Originally Posted by Single_Flyer View Post
It seems that you can get 50% off a ticket for one. Or am I missing something?
That's correct. This is how AS has typically done their "BOGO" sales.
Mauibaby2008 likes this.
RAD_PDX is offline  
Old Aug 7, 20, 10:38 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: SEA
Programs: AS 75K
Posts: 1,108
booked 7rt during a 10 week span. 75k requal here we go!

tbh, wasn't planning on requal-ing for 75k this year since it was extended but I had already booked 2 other RTs with a coworker, so i figured might as well add another 5 since eqms were coming at under 2cpm. too great of a deal to pass on plus i'd get another 50k AS miles.
atcanobbio is offline  
Old Aug 7, 20, 11:13 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SEA
Posts: 1,572
Anyone see any particularly sweet spots?
Single_Flyer is offline  
Old Aug 7, 20, 11:38 pm
  #14  
Hilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: SAN, BOS
Programs: AS MVPG, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Posts: 714
Originally Posted by atcanobbio View Post
booked 7rt during a 10 week span. 75k requal here we go!

tbh, wasn't planning on requal-ing for 75k this year since it was extended but I had already booked 2 other RTs with a coworker, so i figured might as well add another 5 since eqms were coming at under 2cpm. too great of a deal to pass on plus i'd get another 50k AS miles.
Be safe friend
TravelingZoomer is online now  
Old Aug 8, 20, 2:35 am
  #15  
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: PHX, SEA
Programs: DL Silver, Avis President's Club, Hertz President's Circle, Global Entry (Former AA Plt/Gold)
Posts: 4,013
Originally Posted by RAD_PDX View Post
Awesome, just rebooked a trip and saved $200!

Seems like a foolish promotion to me. Those who are afraid to fly still are. Those who aren't just saved some money. I trust that the marketing folks know something I don't.
Is it a tax ploy? If many of those seats were likely to be empty anyway, but now are being "booked", do the bean counters get to use their value as a promotional expense? What collected 'fees' go into the AS coffers?
Gig103 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: