Community
Wiki Posts
Search

My Wallet Funds Expiring Soon - Options?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2020, 8:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Gold 100k
My Wallet Funds Expiring Soon - Options?

I have several thousand dollars in my Alaska wallet from cancelled flights. Some of those I cancelled were booked with wallet funds from previously cancelled flights and I believe the credit is good for a year from the date of the original booked flight. I have quite a bit of those funds coming due in the next 3-4 weeks. Currently have no 2020 flights planned other than a couple of PDX to PSP flights later this year and one to MCO already booked and I don’t think I can book a flight and cancel as I think it still goes back to the original booking date. Any suggestions on how not to lose that money?

note: wanted to edit title “finds” to funds but it won’t let me.
Old Jun 19, 2020, 9:59 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Waitlisted
I have several thousand dollars in my Alaska wallet from cancelled flights. Some of those I cancelled were booked with wallet funds from previously cancelled flights and I believe the credit is good for a year from the date of the original booked flight. I have quite a bit of those funds coming due in the next 3-4 weeks. Currently have no 2020 flights planned other than a couple of PDX to PSP flights later this year and one to MCO already booked and I don’t think I can book a flight and cancel as I think it still goes back to the original booking date. Any suggestions on how not to lose that money?

note: wanted to edit title “finds” to funds but it won’t let me.
Wallet fund expiry has been extended to July 5, 2021. Have you checked your account to confirm your dates?

James
Old Jun 19, 2020, 10:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Gold 100k
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
Wallet fund expiry has been extended to July 5, 2021. Have you checked your account to confirm your dates?

James
yes, just checked again and have some of it expiring starting middle of July. I will all in and ask. Thanks James.
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2021, 11:38 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
I have Wallet funds that will expire on November 20th. I want to book reservations for November 23rd. Do I just have to buy a ticket using those funds by November 20th or do I have to fly by November 20th? If it's the latter and I can't fly by Nov. 20th do I just lose all the money? Thanks for any advice.
Old Jan 27, 2021, 1:00 pm

Programs: AS 100K
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
I have Wallet funds that will expire on November 20th. I want to book reservations for November 23rd. Do I just have to buy a ticket using those funds by November 20th or do I have to fly by November 20th? If it's the latter and I can't fly by Nov. 20th do I just lose all the money? Thanks for any advice.
You'll need to book your flight by the expiration date. As long as you book by 11/20, you can book a flight through the end of the schedule. All good to book a flight for 11/23.

Edit: I don't know if there is any risk cancelling a flight booked with Wallet Funds after the Wallet Funds were supposed to expire, in case that is a concern. Someone else here likely knows that particular answer though.
Old Jan 27, 2021, 1:09 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by clarrkkent
You'll need to book your flight by the expiration date. As long as you book by 11/20, you can book a flight through the end of the schedule. All good to book a flight for 11/23.

Edit: I don't know if there is any risk cancelling a flight booked with Wallet Funds after the Wallet Funds were supposed to expire, in case that is a concern. Someone else here likely knows that particular answer though.
Thanks !! And yes, I'd like an answer to the question you pose also.
Old Apr 8, 2021, 1:57 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
Another extension thru 12/31/21

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere:

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...R_travelcredit

Travel credit extensions

As a part of our COVID-19 relief measures, credit certificates and wallet funds that expire in 2021 will be extended through December 31, 2021. The extension will be reflected in our system on April 15, 2021.

You must use credit certificates and wallet funds to purchase a new ticket before the expiration date passes. Travel can take place up to 11 months later, but the ticket must be purchased with the credit or funds before the expiration date.

Tickets purchased on or after January 1, 2021 will expire one year from the date of issue.
Old Aug 24, 2021, 11:48 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Any thoughts if they will extend the expiry date of My Wallet funds?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.